V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for feedback, experiences dealing with Revolution Performance as a company and/or experiences with their 98” kit. Planning purchase of big bore kit for 01’ FLHRCI. Comments appreciated.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Check with HDWRENCH, he sells the kits and I saw a post a few days ago where he has a holiday special going on. I will be buying one very shortly. Good price good parts.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
dmeals said:
Looking for feedback, experiences dealing with Revolution Performance as a company and/or experiences with their 98” kit. Planning purchase of big bore kit for 01’ FLHRCI. Comments appreciated.
From all reports, they are absolutely the best bang for the buck. One thing to keep in mind. You have Magnetti-Marelli EFI so if you're going for numbers that match alot of what you hear and read here, you'll have to deal with the EFI issue. Just giving a heads up! If you're going with em, HDWRENCH is a sponser here and has a christmas special that'll save you a bunch of $$ plus, he'll always be only a direct phone call away any time you need help!

·
Revperf
281 Posts
HDWrench is a superb vendor for us. We admittedly had some growing pains earlier in the year trying to deal with resounding demand for our product but have worked diligently to install safeguards to never let this happen again. With a lifetime warranty how can you go wrong. Give HDWrench or Scott at Revolution Performance a call.

Sincerely,

Brian Nallin
Owner
Revolution Performance, LLC

·
Sub Par Member
769 Posts
revperf said:
... We admittedly had some growing pains earlier in the year trying to deal with resounding demand for our product ...
Boy, that's for sure.

Brian, glad to see that you seem to have turned things around. (I guess a year is long enough to stay bitter.)

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
HDwrench is one of the most helpful dudes you will ever find. He answers every email and will help you out however he can.

A CLASS ACT in the midst of a bunch of half-assed customer service companies currently on the market.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
berno56 said:
A CLASS ACT in the midst of a bunch of half-assed customer service companies currently on the market.
That is a fact!!!!!

You can MAYBE find a cheaper price, but call them when you are in elbow deep and need to know something or swap a gear over/under, or blow a rocker support plate and need parts and get them 2nd day!

You get what you pay for and Customer Support is not in the majority of these larger vendors thought process.

Bob Woods answers his phone, Andy at Dakota Kid answers his phone, John at Clear View Shields answers his phone, and HDWRENCH answers his phone I am sure others do too, that is who I want to spend my money with.

Hell, HDWRENCH answered his phone for me laying in a hospital bed when he went down last year!!!!!!!!

My opinion is let HDWRENCH talk at you about what you are looking for and budget, and let him put it together as a package for you.

If I had a do over I would have went with the 98", for the 150 for bore to
95", and the piston cost, I was halfway to 3 more cubic inches anyway:whistle:

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
I've got nothing but good to say about Steve - HDWrench and my 98" Millenium build. Brian Nallin is telling us he's got things squared away and I know from experience that he cares about his rep, his biz and his customers.

I spoke with both numerous times before settling on my build. I worked with Steve, bought everything through him and followed his recommendations exactly. He is everything everyone here says and a great guy to work with.

The local builder who put everything together is an experienced high performance guy and was very impressed with the quality of the 98" Millenium kit and RevPerf head work. He was also very impressed with the power it made on his dyno. My build is what I wanted it to be and it runs strong.

FWIW - I think the extra 3+ inches makes a difference and I think the additional cost over a similar 95" build gives far more bang for the buck than a lot of other mods.

GC

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
laf i spoke to wrench this evening about my situation i cant agree more that man set me streight with my winter project. it looks like im going to 98 over the winter some time around beginning to mid january. i had questions concerning the htcc cnc heads and use on a 98in can still use those heads with the 98in kit man was i glad to hear that. next came the cam with his recomendation im going to go with the tw5g he says it would work fine in the 98in so we will wait and see. im so excited i finally will be where i want to be .talking to the man who runs the show is excellant you get it streight the first time and i was impressed he answered the phone on his way out the door and then called me back to finish talking.now thats service
Have you thought about 114?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Go with HDWRENCH..

I have been lucky to meet him first hand and see his shop setup. Top notch all the way around, I just need to get the boss convinced her bike needs the 98" and well be going for two.

Dave

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
after talking to wrench last nite and hearing some of the figures he was saying yes i thought about it. but right now 98in will be fine.
the problem is that the wife will never understand i figured i could slip this thru the cracks with out much resistance. the 114 the whole engine will have to go out and the last time the bike was in the shop for 3 days she questioned me about it. i could tell her its routine maintance or something. she knows im bull shi$$ing but shes so wrapped up in her day care that im confidant i could pull it off with out worry.

We play the same game! Amazing what you can keep under the radar and/or disguised as "regular service"... and "honey I'm going to do _____ while I'm doing ________ because it's a lot cheaper that way and I'll do the other stuff later..." always works well for me too.

Re your new build, I'll be real interested in your before and after comparison. It looks like you've got a strong runner as it sits. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
FXDRYDR said:
I've got nothing but good to say about Steve - HDWrench and my 98" Millenium build. Brian Nallin is telling us he's got things squared away and I know from experience that he cares about his rep, his biz and his customers.

I spoke with both numerous times before settling on my build. I worked with Steve, bought everything through him and followed his recommendations exactly. He is everything everyone here says and a great guy to work with.

The local builder who put everything together is an experienced high performance guy and was very impressed with the quality of the 98" Millenium kit and RevPerf head work. He was also very impressed with the power it made on his dyno. My build is what I wanted it to be and it runs strong.

FWIW - I think the extra 3+ inches makes a difference and I think the additional cost over a similar 95" build gives far more bang for the buck than a lot of other mods.

GC

FXDRYDR,
I am planning on the 98 build after the holidays, how did the nikesel (spelling?) coated cylinders effect your operating temp? The claim is 25-30 deg. cooler oil temps. This is one of my primary reasons for going to the 98.

·
Wanderer
448 Posts
Hey sedeluxe, I'm thinking about going this route too. Are you doing it yourself or getting someone to do it for you? I'd love to take a look at what's involved before doing this myself. Need a hand??

I used to live in Colonia. North Hill Road. Now in Bridgewater. Woodbridge got too congested for me.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Peacekeeper said:
FXDRYDR,
I am planning on the 98 build after the holidays, how did the nikesel (spelling?) coated cylinders effect your operating temp? The claim is 25-30 deg. cooler oil temps. This is one of my primary reasons for going to the 98.

Peacekeeper -

I really can't say,as I don't have a temp gauge, but I've never had any heat-related issues. HDWrench has taken temps and says it's 25 - 30 degrees cooler, I believe him. You might also look into a oil cooler. I run a Jagg on the downtube. No leaks, no hassles.

GC

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
I too had along talk with steve about a 98" build for my 2006 street Glide (carb) motor. He was more than just helpful and we even laughed about a boating trip lol. I found him to be very knowledgeable and sincere about his work. I am more than just comfortable in trusting what he says or his advice. ill start my build after the New year and start buying my parts from him. i just can put it into words but all in all he is straight up about things and can back up waht he says. Ok steve if you have read this , ill be calling soon and we will get started . Thanks again to Steve and all the others here on the V-Twin that have been so helpful. To all have a good xmas and get lots of motor goodies. booggerbe

·
Wandering Child
632 Posts
How long have these kits been out? Has anyone put any serious miles on them. Trying to keep my options open here before I take the plunge.

·
BFFB
833 Posts
i am the 1st guy i my neck of the woods to try one , we finished mine last saturday and we are starting my buddys at 9 am this morning , i was impressed with the pistons and cylinders , im no expert but the pistons just looked very well machined ,fins on cylinders are thicker , there were a couple of bad spots in the powder coat but im not the kind of guy that freaks over small stuff , i have 180 miles on it and couldnt help but gas it a few times from 2200 rpms to 3000 rpms last night , i was pleasantly surprised , a little better than i had hoped , i have ridden se stage 2 and i THINK this is better
changes i made on stage 1 eg without the box
efi to carb
andrews 26 (its a clacker,will try z gear)
3.27-1
duals
98"
overall impression : a non proffesional opinon, better than i hoped for,stuff looks quality made and fun factor will rise

1 - 20 of 38 Posts