V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another new guy trying to get others thoughts.
Been riding pretty much all my life but for the past few years just lost it#[email protected] . I've since got my 2000 fatboy out in the fresh air again. The only engine upgrade is the SE breather kit and it has a set of Santee/Yaffe pipes. I only have a little over 6000 mi. on it and it has the bad cam bearings. It runs great but I'm a little paranoid about the bearings. When the original warranty was about out I went for the extended warranty for $1200.00 but with so little miles I haven't had to use it so I get the money back.
I'd keep the bike as is for a while if it wasn't for the bearings but I feel a need to have them changed out. I ride solo, punch it a lot, love speed (torque) but it dosen't have to be the fasest bike out there. I was leaning toward using the funds on gear driven cams. The local dealership quoted me a price of $195.00 labor for installing either gear or chain cams. Just looking for others thoughts and options. Thanks

·
Registered
435 Posts
Doesn't sound bad. A good bike is a thing of beauty. Keep it especially if it's paid for.

Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tim, I plan on keeping it. The service manager recommended the SE 211's and said they have better results than the 203's. Nothing was said about the 204's. I was looking for better performance in the lower rpm range and he says there is very little difference in the two. At higher rpm the 211's do much better. When I mentioned gear drive he didn't comment except to say labor would be the same. I was looking at Andrews 21 and 26g cams and would appreciate some help if possible.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Go with the 26s geared..alot better then the 211s with no headwork.:beer4u:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts