V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear from some riders that have the supertrapp fatshots on thier bikes. Do you like them? happy with the purchase? did you tune it on a dyno? I have an 07 Ultra that I am considering these for. Thanks for the feedback.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
'05 Ultra, 3.37 primary gearing, 95", 10:1 CR, 37G cams and V&H Dresser Duals w/ the FatShotz.
With the V&H Ovals the thing was pretty brutal at interstate speeds (80-ish), and I decided it was stupid to have the stereo pegged with the HogTunes speakers just to be able to hear it.
Obviously, I have no cats and more compression, etc., but it still sounds good when i get on it and at idle, it's just not punishing at speed any more. Mine are the SE FatShots w/ the open end cap. Already had it tuned with the Ovals and there isn't enough difference to justify a re-tune. You can always add disks if they're too sedate for you.

·
Sniper
1,659 Posts
I put the Fatshotz with V&H true duals on my '11 SE Ultra Classic. Love the dam things. I've had many many different exhaust systems and I'm sticking with the FatShotz. I now have them on my '12 FLHX. Mine have the open end caps. They sound great, have great performance and are 50 state street legal. They can be nice and mild at highway speed while cruising so you can hear your stereo but sound really deep and throaty when you punch it.
What's not to like????

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have them and love them. I went from the V&H Ovals (not Monster) to the H-D Fatshotz. At first, they were a little loud for me also, so I ordered the end cap kit from Supertrapp and tuned them with 13 discs per side. I've been happy ever since.

Ride safe,

Bob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts