V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for the last six months for a bike (an E-glide would be great) with a fatcat exhaust. I wanted to see one in person regarding the fit and finish. I wanted to hear one in person. I haven't seen a one! I tend to think they are as rare as a unicorn. They must be a myth.

Looked again today at Toms Farms, Hells Kitchen and Cooks corner.

Oh well, I'll stay on the lookout for one of these mythical creatures. I wish they were as easy to spot as the pink elephants I see daily.:yes:

Regards, SSC

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
SSC said:
I have been looking for the last six months for a bike (an E-glide would be great) with a fatcat exhaust. I wanted to see one in person regarding the fit and finish. I wanted to hear one in person. I haven't seen a one! I tend to think they are as rare as a unicorn. They must be a myth.

Looked again today at Toms Farms, Hells Kitchen and Cooks corner.

Oh well, I'll stay on the lookout for one of these mythical creatures. I wish they were as easy to spot as the pink elephants I see daily.:yes:

Regards, SSC
Come to the Rock Store. You might find one there too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
fatcat

hey ssc,
i have a fatcat pipe on my deluxe and love it. i`m also in the riverside area and stoped at tom`s farm today. email me at [email protected] and let me know the next time your out riding locally and you can check it out.

bst

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
You can find my sound file here.. and a pic of it on my blue bagger here

·
Squidly Do Right
189 Posts
I started out this late summer with a Roadhouse 2-1 (well documented). I just ordered the D & D Fat Cat.

I was completely let down with the RH pipe. The discoloration of the flex hose got worse and when I removed the Baffle from the canister it discolored quickly as well. I admit some of that could be tuning.

So I am so looking forward to getting this Fat Cat. I have had a Thunderheader on a 1200 Custom Sporster and a V&H Propipe on a Dyna Low Rider. As you can tell I like 2-1.

I will chronicle my experiences with the FC and share with everyone.

Squid

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
The fit and finish on these pipes is excellent. Absolutely no discoloration on the pipes and the only fit problem was with the floor board did tap on the pipes at idle. I used a flat washer between the floorboard and the frame mount to move it out a tiny bit and now it is no problem. Sound is great, fit is great, looks is great, but I hope you like loud. Quieter than the rinehearts at idle, but when you get on em they are louder.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I too am interested in the Fat Cat for my bagger. Not only will I get more HP and torque but a nicer exhaust note as well. Does anyone discount these systems?

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Sounds tinny to me:chopper:

RB all the way:boobies:

·
Registered
240 Posts
deuce04 said:
Sounds tinny to me:chopper:

RB all the way:boobies:
How many bikes have you heard with the pipe? There is no way mine sounds "Tinny" Flat out low rumble at idle and roar at wot. Are you sure it was a Fat Cat? :gun:

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
The sound file i posted may sound a little different than the real thing because I recorded it with the cheap mic mounted in the video camera. I have had no one tell me they sounded tinny, bad, crappy, funny, odd, crummy, or any other thing except good, great, awesome, loud, really loud, or just plain fan fu**'n tastic. They definately dont sound stock or like rinehearts or any other 2 into 2 system. They are louder than all the rinehearts i have heard, including a 103 with 260 cams and SE103+ setup puting out 117hp. My bike is on a stock 88 with only and SEAC. This will soon change though and I will post the new file sometime this spring.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got to watch out for those damn unicorns. Bst, I will drop you a line. I do want to see your pipes and listen. This weekend is range time. Next weekend should be riding. Hope to see ya then.

Regards, SSC

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Desert_Comm said:
How many bikes have you heard with the pipe? There is no way mine sounds "Tinny" Flat out low rumble at idle and roar at wot. Are you sure it was a Fat Cat? :gun:

Just stating what i heard on the sound byte

Just said it sounded "Tinny:bleh:

RB LSR is still awesome:Banadance

1 - 14 of 14 Posts