V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody out there has put a D&D fatcat on an 08 bagger ?

Any fitment issues ? I heard "It should fit"

I talked to D&D and they said they have not tried install on an 08 yet.

Thanx.

·
Cruisin' on down the road
600 Posts
Squad864 said:
Wondering if anybody out there has put a D&D fatcat on an 08 bagger ?

Any fitment issues ? I heard "It should fit"

I talked to D&D and they said they have not tried install on an 08 yet.

Thanx.
I can let you know tomorrow, or Monday at the latest.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just fitted D&D to my 07 (same as 08) Streetglide, fitted very well and easy. Just follow their directions, its pretty straight forward. Taking off the stock system was harder, but mine was fitted with the International pipes. I tried the normal baffle and replaced it with the quieter version, which I love. I also fitted the Thundermax and a K&N filter, what a difference, like a new bike, good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
B-bear said:
I just fitted D&D to my 07 (same as 08) Streetglide, fitted very well and easy. Just follow their directions, its pretty straight forward. Taking off the stock system was harder, but mine was fitted with the International pipes. I tried the normal baffle and replaced it with the quieter version, which I love. I also fitted the Thundermax and a K&N filter, what a difference, like a new bike, good luck.
B-bear,

Thanx for the reply, I here the quiet baffle performs as good or even better than the standard baffle and still sounds good.

Got mine on order.

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
Cruisin1966 said:
I can let you know tomorrow, or Monday at the latest.
What will you be using to richen up the fuel?

I put the Rush slip-ons with the 2" baffel on mine. I noticed just a little popping on decelleration at first. But now that the air is a little heavier, it's popping more than it was. I'm going to have it tested later when the air is heavier yet and see where it's at. This is all with the stock air filter.

I'm fairly positive the Fat-cat will out flow the Rush's.

You could get it too lean.

Chris

·
Cruisin' on down the road
600 Posts
I was planning on a test fit only. I wasn't considering running the exhaust without an upgrade to the intake and some sort of tuning device.

The Fatcat (plus ghost pipe), Big Sucker (or similar), and tuning device (SERT/PC) will happen in the Spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts