V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm looking for a set of leather saddlebags for my '03 Fatboy, but I don't really want to pay the inflated H-D price. I'm thinking detachable slant bags. Anyone got suggestions on what brand to check out and maybe where to look for them? Thanks in advance.

--John

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Keep in mind that if you have replaced the stock exhaust with something that sits lower, you can probably go with bigger bags made for the other softails.

I got HD bags but I bought them on Ebay...you can find new or nearly new HD bags on there for about half HD prices. the ones I bought were used about a month and i paid $340 for $700+ HD bags.

Example...not the ones I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1859312490

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
That's what I did! Droped the Shotgun exhaust for the Vance and Hines Bigshots Long, and purchased me some Bigger bags!:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'll give you a tip of something really different. In Stockholm, where I live, there is a small leathercraft shop specialized in saddlebags for Harleys. I bought a bag there called Diesel Mailbag which is one of several different models. The big difference between these bags is that are real handicraft made of thick 4-5 mm leather. Take a look at http://www.lejonkulan.com. I guess they can ship overseas as their web is both in Swedish and English.

The bag I got is so deep so you would have a problem with a double pipe exhaust, but due to it's generous size I prefer to have just one on the left side. Looks cooler too. Payed about 400 USD.

Just let me know if I can be of any assistance.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Check out www.leatherworksinc.com and look at the model 111P. You can get them with or without spots, conchos, etc. A company called Ghostbrackets makes detachable brackets for these bags, and I believe they will fit an flstf (I'm getting these for my bike, an 02 flstf) without relocating the turn signals. I did a lot of looking, and these look good and seem to be of good quality. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.