V-Twin Forum banner

1641 - 1655 of 1655 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here's some pictures of the bike with new parts on.
Primary case and clutch cover:

Footboard, shifter peg and engine guard.

New Handlebars, brake and clutch levers and mirrors.

New fort tube cover:

All that's lacking is the Jiffy stand and it's supposed to arrive today:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks.

I really like this bike and have ridden it from Arizona to Rochester, NY and back (5200 miles), Beavercreek, OH and back (3600 miles) plus a couple of trips up the west coast from San Pedro to north of San Francisco and back (1750 miles).

It runs and ride great. I need to take more pictures like you did.

Got the new Jiffy stand yesterday but it wasn't as good of quality as my old one. Compared them closely to see if my old one was bent and it wasn't. Did have some scratches on the bottom of the foot where it rests on the pavement but nothing top side so I put the old one back on.

·
Registered
122 Posts
On the road again.

Made of list of things to readjust when I got back home. Raise the handle bars 1", raise the highway pegs 1", rotate clutch lever slightly to a more comfortable position and find someway to glue the left handlebar grip in place.

Other than that, very happy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I used 3-Bond Grip glue to secure the left handle bar grip. Worked great, no complaints so far.

Planning a 7,000 mile ride in August of this year. 4000 miles of which will be riding solo.
Leaving Arizona, meeting friends in Ohio, riding to northern Vermont and then returning to Ohio where we say our goodbyes and then home to Arizona.

Except for short stretches I try to avoid Interstate Highways as much as possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's another Fatty! Easy on the eyes and fun to roll. 2016 FLSTFBS with the 117" TTS-150 Cams. Im waiting on the 14" VINDIKTA Devil Dogs to really bring out her Fat look. Also waiting on the alloy art rear tail lights from the powder coat shop. Have for front and back. I will never sell this bike! I will get a bagger eventually but she's staying in my stable.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do they make those kits for a 103 as well? Is a particular brand better than the others?
Gas mileage drop with the enhanced performance?
Any problem with overheating? Here in Arizona it can get hot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure about upgrade from a 103.
I get better gas mileage then before and with Dyno tune no longer running wayhot like I used to. I've seen 103 to 110 tire shredder Kit. I believe cases have to be bored to accept 117 spigot and different oilers

·
Registered
122 Posts
After riding it a few times, I agree they make a difference. Don't feel the wind up in my face as much.

Not sure I really like the Chrome look so considering some options.

1641 - 1655 of 1655 Posts