V-Twin Forum banner

1621 - 1640 of 1644 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Or not.He blew this site up with about 6 threads already.
I only saw him on two threads … maybe 4 posts at that time?
If the rule says 10 posts required, the software should have prevented his post.
I didn’t see it as “barging into the house”, but then again maybe I’m missing something.

As far as same post on multiple threads , I would think “Sale or Wanted” does not apply.

I agree his final post was Out of Line, but he didn’t even have a chance, he was attacked from the get-go.
Maybe could have been handled through a PM, I don’t know just thinking.

·
Super Moderator
3,171 Posts
You didn't see all the other threads that were deleted in different areas on the same subject.He was shown the rules, then complained,then got stupid with his rant.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Understood , I was was hoping I was missing something. Thanks for the reply, because otherwise the whole senario seemed harsh. Agree his rant was in deed bad.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
I saw the other threads 2 were right behind each other. I think most noobs have been lurking for awhile and they see something to comment on, but can't so they join.

Complaining is one thing, but don't start banging out expletives on your flip phone in your parents basement. I come here for relaxation and learning. If I wanted foul language and aggravation I would get married again.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well I laid my bike down for the first time about two weeks ago.
Was only going 5-10 mph through a roundabout and there was oil that had dripped out of a tanker truck that was applying oil on the road a couple of miles ahead. Apparently they had used the roundabout to make a U-turn and dripped the oil.
It was like someone kicked the tires out from under the bike.

Highway bar took the brunt of it or my left leg would have been ripped up.

Tore up my primary cover:

Harley Dealer estimate came in at just under $4000 labor and parts.
Frame being twisted was the insurance agent's biggest concern but the dealer said it checked out fine.

I opted to do the work myself and have all the parts ordered. Unfortunately Harley is out of stock on everything and it will take 2-3 weeks before the parts even ship.

I removed the crash bar so at least I can ride it while I wait.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, the worst that happened to me was a scratched up elbow and severely wounded pride! My unblemished record is history. LOL

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
I had a similar thing happen years ago when I was living up north. A home fuel oil truck some how dropped about 50 or 60 gal of oil in the road, I came around the corner the truck was on tge side of the road and a pool of oil covered the whole road. I hit it and started sliding. ( Trick here is to pull in the clutch and stay off the brakes) I slid and almost went down but kept it up some how. The worse part was after I got out of the lake of oil half my tire was oil soaked as I am past the oil and trying to recover my tires kept slipping than gripping so I would almost gain full control then suddenly start skidding again until enough oil was off the tires.
Years before that I was going around a corner and a truck was stopped in the middle of the road with a guy frantically waving his arms. Turns out he was a farmer that was going to spray paint his barn and a 55gal drum of paint fell off the back of his truck and was all over the road.
With no place to go and no chance to stop I took my chances in a grassy drainage ditch. Luckly there wasn't much to hit and sliding around on the grass at 45 mph was not fun but I managed to get it back on the road. Got home to find my belt sucked up some rocks in the adventure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
In my case I never saw the oil until after I went down.

There was no traffic and I wasn't in a hurry just enjoying a ride. I leaned into the first part of the turn with no issues but as I just started to lean to the opposite side I started hearing my foot pedal scraping as if I was leaning a bit too far. This surprised me as I had barely shifted from the right to the left and then it went abruptly to the ground sliding to the outside of the roundabout.

When I got up off the pavement I immediately looked for traffic first so I didn't get run over and then at the road surface trying to figure why I went down. It was then I saw the trail of oil droplets.

I ride that same stretch of road often and maybe I wasn't paying enough attention to the road condidtions but I will from now on.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
It was **** luck I didn't dump it both times ....trust me. Seeing it was very little help with the oil but gave me a chance with the paint.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Opted for a slightly taller windshield than last time. Was using a 16" Long Ride Shield that was clear but opted for the 18" in a light tint.

Bike is up on motorcycle stand so it appears taller than it is.
Got the new saddlebags mounted also.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Changed out the handlebars and right fork tube cover. Put new clutch and brake handles in as well as new mirrors.
Swapped out the primary case and derby cover.
I'll post some pictures of the progress tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Fatboy lo. It’s a great bike but I recently had an accident on it, which was totally my fault. Because I am somewhat mechanically inclinedI I have been looking for bolt on parts which is all it needs. I have had it for a few years but military deployments kept me off of it. If anyone knows of a website that I can look up parts it would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Still waiting for the jiffy stand to arrive. Just received notice that it finally shipped today.
I have everything else installed and adjusted so getting close to being done. Couldn't imagine having left my bike at the Harley Dealer all this time without getting majorly upset.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Great pictures. I am envious since I haven't been able to make any long rides this year. Last one was from Arizona to Loveland, CO, then straight to the west coast. Then north to Washington, east to Butte, Montana and planned to go through Yellowstone on the way back. However the weather turned foul while in Butte and forecast wasn't good so I headed south to avoid the rain and headed home. Road nearly 1,100 miles the last day.

1621 - 1640 of 1644 Posts