V-Twin Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1644 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help with the fatty

Hello, so I've been working on my 2000 Fatboy, I'm now pulling the stator and rotor. The replacement grommet on the state will not fit in the crankcase bore. Can any one help

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2004 HD Fatboy and just installed Vance & Hines True Dual Exhaust. I'm modifying the bike whereby adding a Bagger Bags 5" extended Fender and hard bags.

The issue I'm running into is that I cannot find True Dual exhaust extensions for the system. Attempting to find out who out there has modified or built 12" extended tips for this exhaust system. HELP and Suggestions Please.

Thanks
CJ from Bend OR

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
FatBoy clearly a good one for HD. Mine is 1996 22 years old still runs great . Took sealed beams off and saved them Hd halogen kit in the factory housing. Final had to replace windshield it cracked Hd removable . It sits today pretty much as the day it came. Tires brakes , oil and lube changes. It will be here after I am gone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum here.

Been reading several threads about the nacelle setup for the fatboy. I have the 16 fat apes, auxiliary lighting and detachable wind splitter vented windshield and was wondering if the nacelle will fit with these accesories ?

Have a '13 fatboy lo btw... I think I can't post pics yet or something... put on the link but nothing happens...

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finding it hard to find stuff on the forums for older (2005) Fatboys.
Can't post on the "wanted" threads yet as I'm not at my 10 post quota but would like to start making my new ride more comfortable and personal. Reach seat and fork wind deflectors are in my sight now.. Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Have you tried the search feature?

Sent from my 2 Tin Cans With A String using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
Finding it hard to find stuff on the forums for older (2005) Fatboys.
Can't post on the "wanted" threads yet as I'm not at my 10 post quota but would like to start making my new ride more comfortable and personal. Reach seat and fork wind deflectors are in my sight now.. Thanks
Phil
You can get your fork fangs direct from Memphisshields.com with free shipping for about $92 including hardware. I ordered the tint and got crystal clear. Oh well I couldn't win a raffle even if I was the only one in the raffle.

tarheel

·
Registered
113 Posts
Updated picture of my 2015 Fat Boy.
Going on another long ride in July from Arizona north to Loveland, CO and then on to Montana, west to California, down the coast to San Luis and then east to get home.

By the way, I replaced the windshield in the picture with a Longride Shield that is shorter so I can look over it rather than through it. Like it much better even though looking down through the bent portion it has some distortion.

Attachments

·
Banned
6 Posts
Can someone help me out I'm in need of a motor, my crank is bent, looking to change whole motor or just the lower end and use my jugs, or rebuild my entire motor by just buying the crank and pistons. Trying to do it for under 1000 And that's me and a friend doing the work. Again please help.

·
not sober all the time
5,798 Posts
Can someone help me out I'm in need of a motor, my crank is bent, looking to change whole motor or just the lower end and use my jugs, or rebuild my entire motor by just buying the crank and pistons. Trying to do it for under 1000 And that's me and a friend doing the work. Again please help.
You may have a little better results by starting a new thread in the Twin-Cam Engine forum. Be sure to include the year and the fact that it's a Softail engine. Twin-Cam Engine

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Guess I'm in trouble... Thought this site was about getting help.
And that it is, but you must use proper forum protocol.

You did the forum equivalent of barging into the house and throwing crap everywhere.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
6 Posts
Ok proper form is go **** yourself all I did was different forums ask for help and since someone is only able to do 1 forum. So then other people including you complaining about other forums is redundant so get rid of me if you want. I honestly do not care. I spread out my chances of finding the help I asked for. And how is someone supposed to do anything if they have to do 10 other things before doing 1 thing that they need. Jump through your hoops I guess, make you happy, before I can get the help I came for. **** off. This is supposed to be about getting answers, not making friends with everybody like you pricks. So delete my stuff I don't care or quit acting like a little bitch and let someone get the help they ask for

1601 - 1620 of 1644 Posts