V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, like many others, do not fit the handlebars on my new fatboy.. I like the look of the stock bars and do NOT want any apes, heritage, or beach bars, just some that come back a couple of inches further and up and inch or so than my stockers.. I want to try to retain as much of the stock look as possible...

I have seen alot about Wild 1 bars and think the 504's would be ok but wondering about other manufacturers or any recommendations from anyone on here???? Any help on here?? Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, I picked up a set of higher risers with more pull-back, from the dealer. They're about 4 1/2 " high and pull back almost 2 ".

Installed in a few minutes and I rotated the bars till I was comfortable. Solved the same problem I had on my 05 Fatboy.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dawiev, thanks for the response..

I know risers would solve the problem, but I do not like the looks of risers on the fatboys.. Again, looking for the stock fatboy look.....

·
Draggin' Floorboards!
545 Posts
i'm curious myself. when riding my bike, it always feels like i'm slightly leaning forward and my lower back tells me so.. but then again, a seat change may change that feeling altogether...

:hmmm:

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Fatboy bars

I put on a set of Roadking touring bars and they helped a lot with the reach problem. All the stock cabling works too.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
minivan said:
I, like many others, do not fit the handlebars on my new fatboy.. I like the look of the stock bars and do NOT want any apes, heritage, or beach bars, just some that come back a couple of inches further and up and inch or so than my stockers.. I want to try to retain as much of the stock look as possible...

I have seen alot about Wild 1 bars and think the 504's would be ok but wondering about other manufacturers or any recommendations from anyone on here???? Any help on here?? Thanks
I've got the Wild1 504s on my Heritage and like them alot.
You can call them> They have very good customer service.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Wild Ones 504!!! I have them on my 05 Annv Fatboy and love them. They are the 1.25 dia bars with internal wiring. Very similar shap to the stock bars but a little more pull back and wider. Go to the Wild Ones site and check out the pictures.

Xaran

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know you said you didn't want Beach Bars but I have a set of HD 1 1/4" Beach Bars on my fattie and IMO they are perfect for me at least. I could hardly reach the stock bars without leaning over the tank like some crazed crotch rocket rider.

Rapid One
2005 Fat Boy
Stage 1
V & H Shortshots
Nostalgia windshield
QD backrest for hot little wife
The chrome visor over the headlight looks cool too

"When in doubt, Gas it. It won't help but it ends the suspense!"

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rapid One said:
I know you said you didn't want Beach Bars but I have a set of HD 1 1/4" Beach Bars on my fattie and IMO they are perfect for me at least. I could hardly reach the stock bars without leaning over the tank like some crazed crotch rocket rider.

Rapid One
2005 Fat Boy
Stage 1
V & H Shortshots
Nostalgia windshield

Rapid, the same beach bars that come on the RKC?? These felt great on the RKC ( looked at buying one) but I felt they would be a hindrance around town cruising?? Any more feedback?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Minivan, I do a lot of different riding, short hops around town, fairly spirited riding on some of the fabulous country roads near home (I'm lucky with location) and a fair amount of 2 up day trips of 150 to 250 miles and can't think of any bars that I would rather have. I'm not a great big guy at 5' 8" and 165 pounds so your results may vary.
Check em out again.

Rapid One
2005 Fat Boy
Stage 1
V & H Shortshots
HD Beach Bars
Nostalgia windshield

1 - 11 of 11 Posts