V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Here We Go, Steelers
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed chrome lowers, uppers, smooth tins, and wild1 drag bars on my 2002 FLSTFI. Everything looks great with two exceptions: 1) the turn singals are hitting the fuel tank and 2) the front panel has two holes for mounting the deluxe aux lighting kit. I would love to relocate my turn signals to the forks and use the holes in the front panel for the t/s brackets. Has anyone done this, seen this, or know of a munufacturer who makes something like this?

Thanks,

Fish-head

·
I'm Paid Up...
1,732 Posts
You can get nice mounts that clamp onto the uppers for $40. Relocate the turn signals anywhere between the upper and lower trees. Now about the holes in the tins.. aren't they for the switches for the lamps and a auxiliary switch?? If you don't like the holes.. maybe 2 switches would look good???

·
Here We Go, Steelers
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I've seen the mounts that install between the upper and lower triple trees. I don't see how they would work with the Fatboy tin covering everything up.

The holes in the front panel are intended for use with a light bar (see HD p/n 66440-05).

Nodoze seems to have made some nice brackets that relocate the turn signals to the lower accent strip bolt, which is very nice, however they do not address my problem. (I do know how to use the search function on this forum).

I am trying to use and/or fill-in the holes on the front tin panel that were intended for the deluxe auxiliary light bar without using a light bar.

Unfortunately my digital camera is in a footlocker stuck somewhere between Iraq and Ft Dix, NJ so I can't take a photo right now.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Well Fish-Head Welcome to the forum:welcome:
Glad you made it back from Iraq in one piece.
How about a short into in the my story section for the folks here to get to know a little about you.
Do not have a solution, I use the light bar, but I hope you find somtime, those TS on the handle bars need to be moved I agree.
I beleive you can fill the holes with chrome bolts to help clean up the look.
Again welcome home and welcome to the forum.
Bear

·
Here We Go, Steelers
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome Littlebear. It's great to be back. During my 11 months in Iraq I developed a greater appreciation for all the things with which God has blessed me (and the U.S.). Just got back in early December from Baqubah (25 miles from Baghdad). Used to dream about riding my Fatboy pretty much every night. Unfortunately the PA weather has only given me two opportunities to ride so far. On the bright side, I've had time to turn wrenches on the Fatboy and my 77 XLH. It's getting closer to perfect with every year. Just a few more dollars. This forum is really great but I spend way too much time searching and reading. (Keeps me out of trouble).

·
Here We Go, Steelers
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a photo of my problem area:

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts

That hole you see on your tin goes underneat the bolt. The tin doesn't look right. It should look like the pic above

·
Here We Go, Steelers
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alaskan302 said:

That hole you see on your tin goes underneat the bolt. The tin doesn't look right. It should look like the pic above
The hole in my tin does not go under the accent strip bolt. The tin is p/n 66440-05 which is intended to convert the Fatboy to the Softail Deluxe look. The holes are for a light bar which I don't want.

I ended up using two right side turn signal swivels and two 1" pieces of 5/16-24 all-thread to relocate the turn signals to the lower accent strip bolt hole. Conceals the holes in the tin pretty well, relocats the turn signals, and only cost a few dollars. Pics coming soon.

·
Here We Go, Steelers
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picture of the turnsignals.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
alaskan302 said:

Hello alaskan...

Luv your bullet passing lamps and turn signals :thumbsup:

Where did you get this conversion? I would like to do something like that on my '05 Fat Boy.

Thanks,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts