V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering an 03 FatBoy & after reading here that the Gas tank reads empty at 3.5 gallons when it should be 5.0, I'm a little reluctant to believe the 50mpg spec that HD is putting out.

What is the farthest that anyone has gone on a tank of gas?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
nodoze,

The tank holds 5 gallons, one of which is "reserve".

You should never trust the tank gage, rather, trust the odometer. After a few fill-ups, you'll have a good feel for your mpg or "how far you can go".

My RoadKing gets around 40 mpg, your milage will depend on how much you get on it.

Just my $0.02

wyo

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for info wyodude.

I get 208 miles (exactly) on a tank with my rice burner & was hoping that I'd be able to do a little better than that with the FatBoy.

Anybody else get more/less of a tank?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I was getting about 48 mpg with a stock 88, now about 45 on road trips with V&H big shots, SE air kit and bigger jets.

·
Registered
985 Posts
43mpg ,02 FLSTFI, Baffled V&H Longshots, Ness Stage1 air, PC111r.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of the mileage info guys, but what I am interested in is what is the farthest you've gone on 1 tank of gas ?

·
Seasoned Something
149 Posts
My 02 FLSTF with V&H pipes Stage 1 Air, I have gone 212 miles before hitting reserve average is 204 to 208 miles, and I run it down on every tank...But I never check the milage.......bob

·
Seasoned Something
149 Posts
Ok new up date on my milage, RESERVE is not 1 gal like I was lead to belive. I rdn out of gas today at 239.7....bummer had to call the wife for help. I switched to reserve at 213.9....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Running a 2002 Deuce with Stage one air, SEII's slip-ons. I get 43 mpg in town and 53 mpg on the highway at 60 mph. Usually fill up when the gas gauge gets into the red which is 120 to 160 miles. Never went dry yet!

and so it goes, don't cha know.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My reserve light comes on at about 150 miles which is when I fill up. I was also told not to trust the gas guage and someday I'll run it till it goes dry just to see how far I can go...I just havent got the nerve up to do it yet :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts