V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my stock Road King bars with 1.25 inch bars
so I can run the wires inside. Does anyone know of any bars made for this? HD makes a set, but they're $525.00! Thanks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wild1.com , I think thats the correct address. I put Chubby 508 on my 01 Road King. Check out the specials and you may find some for @ $100.00. I put mine on myself, took about 6 hours and yhey look great. I about sh-t when I saw the bars in the new catalog. Good Luck on whatever you choose. Dan

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
It's actually http://www.wild1inc.com/
great site, great product....but buy them from directparts or somebody else....you can get them for around $130. also...search the forum....this topic has been hashed out pretty good a few times on here.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I've been looking at these 508's for a while now, like the look of them.
I put on Harley RoadGlide handlebars part# 55955-00 thinking I could drop them down closer to me.
Nope, no way is that comfy......:(

Anyway, I enquired at the site suggested if longer wires and cables were required and this was their reply :-

It is not necessary to cut or lengthen any wires. Releasing
wire looms inside the housing from the two retaining clips
frees up additional length needed. Disconnect the control
wire pins from the junctions leaving all wires attached at the
switch housings. From bar ends run the wire looms through
the bars and plug the pins back into the junctions.

The stock upper brake line is too short to follow the shape
of the bars, so it must be straightened to angle from the m/c
to the forks. This can be done with the line intact and does
not require bleeding the brake lines. You can pull more of
the soft line up from below if needed. Using a small tube
bender on the hard upper line will enable you to get it to
look the best. It won't follow the contour of the bar so the
cleaner you get the bend the better it will look!

Stock clutch, throttle and idle cables are adequate and look
fine. On 2002 models the throttle and idle cables must be
routed behind the cruise control module.

Thank you,
Don Schultz
Wild 1 Inc.
800-337-8870
Fax 714 536-1941
www.wild1inc.com/
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Are the fatter bars necessary to run the wires inside? I talked to my dealer re:stainless cables And running the wiring inside and they said nothing about needing fatter bars (I think they look cool, just trying to figure if required).
greg

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Heres another picture of 508's fitted. Gives ya a better idea of the dimensions.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Harleyhog, where are the braided lines on your bars from? Been thinking about a set for mine and after seeing yours I really like them.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Not my bike, just a photo I picked up researching whether or not to get these bars for mine.
I'll can e-mail the guy that owns it, when and if he replys???
Let ya know.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I have the 508s on my RKC2002. Excellent quality. With the 508s and my Corbin Close Solo my reach to the handlebars is very good. The 508s have a pullback of 16.5"

The above picture belongs to Slydawg over at the below Road King Rider's forum. Alot of us in the Forum use the 508s or 518s.

http://forums.about.com/n/main.asp?webtag=Live2Ride&nav=start&fpi=yes

·
Registered
903 Posts
harleyhog said:
Not my bike, just a photo I picked up researching whether or not to get these bars for mine.
Yeah, I was going to say, what is it sunny there!?!?!?:cool:

·
Registered
584 Posts
BaggerDad, where in VA are you? I'm looking to buy a 2002 RoadKing. Haven't even sat on one. Kind of a big risk. My question is, how do you know which is more comfortable for you without buying and gambling to see if they fit to you? I don't know a large collection of riders, where I can sit on their scoot to compare. Thanks in advance. J.T.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts