V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried the soft lowers on an Electra Glide? I'm looking for the right deflector to keep the wind off the kneecaps.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I used the HD soft lowers on my FLHTC and they made a big difference in the cold months. However when the temps go up, you need to take them off for engine cooling purposes.
Brian

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian:
Did you use the soft lowers in conjunction with any of the other deflectors (fairing or passing lamp)? Don't want to bolt on anymore crap than I need to.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just tried to put the HD soft lowers on my 03 FLTRI. They don't fit with the fairing brace on the engine guard. They say they are for the FLTRI but won't work. Unlike me, keep your receipt until you know they will work.

·
Registered
70 Posts
the soft lowers were the best thing to get for my flht. i put them on in the cool mornings and pop them right off in the warm afternoons. good coverage in cold however i ride a lot in morning fog and my knees are the only thing that gets damp. You wont regret the investment.

MrSnipy

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
The soft lowers are great for cold or wet weather. But use caution when taking them on and off while header pipes are hot...they melt fast.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Aburkin.....

I also put on the little outer things that go on the lower part of the fairing. They come standard on the Ultras. Made a BIG difference with the tubulent air I was getting.

Brian

·
Registered
123 Posts
Brian,
My chaps (and the fairing on my FLHT) are all that's needed for my legs, even up here in the north-east. good down to maybe 25 or so. But the turbulence coming over the tank puts quite a chill on the old stash. It appears to me, the wind is coming under the fairing, then up behind the fairing rite into my face. In the real cold weather, that's all that's cold. Did the "little outer things" help with this?

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Cathari....

No, they didn't but the MOCO does sell an air dam that use to be standard equipment. I believe they stopped around 99 or 00 models. I also believe they stopped using them due to increased cooling of the engine when not attached. I heard a few people where going to try them this winter.
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
cathari...
here it is....

Chrome Front Fork Air Baffle
Fits '80-later FLT/FLHT/ FLHR models.
58520-79TC

Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts