V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to order a new bagger but I'd like some input from owners. I want either a classic or a road glide and I'd like some input on the fairings effectiveness and or problems as well as other features. Thanks and ride safe!

·
old timer
516 Posts
The fixed fairing on the RoadGlide seems to absorb the wind buffeting better. It does not transmit the buffeting through the handlebars like the classics and ultras do. I have a RoadGlide and just finished a cross country ride of almost 10K miles. It acted civil in wind and rain. I installed a taller (3") windshield cause I'm slightly larger than the average guy.

Visually the RoadGlide takes a few days to get accustomed to but the ride is magnificent. The 'cartridge' front forks are able to handle in a much more aggressive manner than the other touring models.

I would recommend the RoadGlide as the best of the best. Mine is equipped with the King TourPak, and accompanying seat and speaker options and I am very pleased with it. I'd get a carbuerated one if it's available. They seem stronger and are more amenable to adjustments and rejetting is really easy.

manny

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Thats what I wanted to hear. I'm leaning towards the Road Glide, it just seems to me you get alot more with the classic for $170.00 more. I really don't want things like bag gaurds, bumper gaurds on the fenders. I like the clean look of the Road Glide but the tour pack would be great. I don't understand how Harley decides what the base prices are going to be. I would think the difference would be greater than it is.
Ride Safe, Steve.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked up a new Classic yesterday! It's carbed and now i want pipes. Any one have expirences with "wild pigs"? The price and adds on ebay are looking good but I don't know anyone thats tried them.
Thanks, Steve.

·
old timer
516 Posts
I used the Samsonss and I am really pleased with the quality and the sound and performance.

The back cut ones follow the lines of the saddlebags and look like they belong there.

personal choice.

manny

·
Registered
686 Posts
I got an fhlt, I am putting a 16" windshield on it. It is my first bike with a fairing I really like it (I must be getting old),I also put highway pegs on it. I had a SE highflow kit put on it and kerker pipes, very nice deep sound and loud when you crack it open. saferiding rickpoco

1 - 8 of 8 Posts