V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for Fairing Lower vents. I like my lowers, but can not ride with them when it is over 75 degrees or so since the bike gets too hot.

I have a 2000 Ultra - stock with an oil cooler and synth 3. Has anyone found lowers vents which are effective? I am more interested in the air flow over the engine than my legs.

I saw a description in the Widgets section of March 2006 AIM for some chrome plated lower vents for $99. These are placed on the very front of the lowers, rather than the inside face like most I have seen. Would that work better?

Any advice/experience would be appreciated. (I know, take off the lowers - I happen to like them, but the engine overheats!!)

Thanks,
Ken

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Hoppe. They show up at major bike rally's. Buddy of mine got his in Myrtle Beach, and loves them. Nice job, clean looks. Installed while you wait. $200.00 at the rally.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have the ones from eglidegoodies? If so, do they work well? Do they allow more air on the engine to keep it cooler (especially the back cylinder)?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Kvan-

I don't have the Eglidegoodies lower vents, but a lot of fellows on the CVO bike forum put them on their 04 SE Electraglides and they reported increased air flow for the engine and the rider.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I do appreciate the feedback. They look good on the web site, but I have not known anyone with them. It is good to hear whether a product actually works.

Ken

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I got the stock vents, and left them on all summer. Traffic, out west, didn't bother me. Some people get really bothered by air cooled bikes though. So will depend on you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my 04 Ultra I sold my lowers on line then ordered the 05 color matched lowers with vents through Chicago HD. The price difference between what I sold the lowers for and what I paid for the new ones was less than the price of the aftermarket vents, plus I didn't have to cut any holes. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I had not considered selling them on e-bay and buying new ones. That is a thought.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Hoppe's new design does not have the partitioning in them. They found it reduced flow. Now they are w/o restriction, hence more airflow.

Got them installed for free at Myrtle Beach last fall and love them.

PS: I keep them closed for now!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Gumby1 said:
Got the e-glide vents for my bike a while back. Save the money. No discernable difference.
You must feel pretty strongly about that, to make it yiour 1st post. I have only ridden with vents so cannot compare.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I bought the 05 style HD vented fairings for my o4 standard one year ago, ran them all summer including some 100+ days. It gets pretty warm if you are stuck in traffic...but when in the rain or a cool night they cant be beat. The best part is being able to adjust on the fly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts