V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have the Fairing Bra on their FLHT? I just want to know the facts if it is a good investment or not.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I don't have one but a couple of friends use them. They do a good job at keeping rock dings off the fairing. However, just like bras on autos, if left on too long when wet, the paint will discolor. If I remember right, the insts that comes with the bra suggests you remove when wet. I wouldn't use one for that reason. Just my opinion.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
For what it's worth, here is my opinion on them bras, why not just bra the whole dam bike then, who needs any paint showing, he.ll, don't stop on the paint, keep going on the chrome also:rolleyes: I just don't and will never see the point in one but who am I any way, I will be a guy with no bra:eek:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I thought bras on cars were for saggy bumbers. Are the fairings starting to get saggy too. Maybe silicone injections will help.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
rsed, I think you mean bumpers, right?;)

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
My road glide with 45,000 miles, the fairing looks it. Maybee a bra might not have been a bad idea. I wouldn't care but It's the screaming eagle and not as easy to repair as black or a single color. I'm not getting one but the chips bug me, what the hell, I ride it.

·
Banned
999 Posts
I am going to get one for my 01. my 95 (Sybil) has a bunch of small chips thru the paint on the fairing where rocks and bugs have done their thing.

I dont think you have to leave the Bra on there anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
The warning about taking it off when wet would be a real pain. Didn't have a fairing bra but HAD a tank bra due to my jean's inseam was rubbing and scratching the $hit out of the rear sides of my tank. Easy to put on and easy to take off BUT......the bra ended up scratching the tank even more than my jeans (the bra's seams are not lined in felt). So I threw my bra into the fire and now show my tank free and bare.
Unfortunitly....if you ride them, they get dirty, scratched, dented, dinged, rubbed, faded and so on.
Brian

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have the Ultra with the bra. I used it the first winter I had the bike just to keep salt and sand off the front. I haven't felt the need to put it on yet this year but it's like Markcuda said, after a while you wonder why you're putting the thing on in the first place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts