V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking on putting some 18" rims with a 140 70 18" tire on the rear. I was told that by my local H-D dealership that they can't install this tire without the wide tire kit. I've spoken to numerous non-dealer outlets who say that I don't need it. Has anyone out there experienced any good, bad or the uglys about installing an 18" wheel(s) on thier softail.

Also, I was told that the rideability was outrageously harsh!!! True or BS? If anyone has any info, please let me know before I waste $2500.00 on some new shoes, big shoes.

Oh, the rims that I would like to put on my Heritage would be the Performance Machines- Villains. What do you think?

Roadhwg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a avon venom x 140/90 on a 16 inch wheel on my 99dyna, looks good handles good. I wouldnt spend the mony for a hd wide tire kit to ad another 10mm. A freind of mine has a 18 inch with a 140 on a wide glide, looks nice. If you have a heritage fender, i woundnd see the point of the wide tire or an 18 inch rim. put the money into the motor.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dynalow,

For you reply. It's just that the 18" wheel really looks sharp. I saw one on a Fatboy, and the appearance looks awesome. Again, thanks for you input.

Roadhwg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts