V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided that my next project is to loose the eyebrow on my 05 Low Rider. I have it all figured out except what to do with all the wiring hiding under that eyesore. I do not want it all just laying behind the new bottom mount headlight. There must be a good solution for this as it would be done on most mid & wide glide conversions. As always all ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
When I did mid and wide glide conversions years ago, we used to cut the old headlight bucket out so we could keep all the wiring intact. Then carefully cut and splice the wires to remove all the connectors and reduce the wiring to the minimum needed. Then we used to stuff it under the tank to hide it. It may require extending a few wires but it did a nice job of getting rid of them.

I have not done this in years and have never looked at the newer frames and wiring to confirm that would work, but I bet it would still work with a little fore thought.

Post some pictures and I might be able to help you develope a plan of action.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Springer thanks for the help. Need to borrow a digital camera. i will then take off the eyebrow and photo the rats nest underneath.

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Have you considered waxing? I hear that works with extra eyebrows.

:wacko: ---> Me.

Sorry....just one of those days. No....Midol won't help.

T113

·
90 FXRS LOWRIDER
553 Posts
awesome thread, i never thought of doing away with the plugs! i hate that brow too. only thing on the bike that i would love to torch. now i am a man on a mission!:boxin:
thanks

·
Livin' Free Indeed
1,052 Posts
I got rid of the eyebrow on my '02 LR about 2.5 yrs. ago. I disconnected the indicator lights(just pulled the connector apart underneath the dash) pulled out the oil pressure light from the eyebrow assembly, drilled a hole in my dash & stuck the single oil pressure indicator light in it & that's it.

I've got no other indicator lights except the oil pressure. That's really the only one that matters. No problems & looks good except I orientated the light a little crooked (The little oil can is rotated off a little). Then I made a bottom tree mounting block out of stainless steel at work & mounted a '98 headlight from a wide glide on it.

·
Livin' Free Indeed
1,052 Posts
I don't have any of the dash, but here are a couple of the bike.

·
Livin' Free Indeed
1,052 Posts

·
Ride It, whatever it is!
244 Posts
Got rid of the eyebrow last year on my '04 FXD. If the wiring is the same on the '05 the biggest thing under the eyebrow is that giant multi wire connector. All I did was pull the wires out of the connector and they still had the pins attached. I just reconnected the pins crimped them and put some heat shrink over them and then covered the entire wire loom with wire cover and pushed it in the frame. I found chrome wire covering, still not completely sold on the idea may switch back to black. But here is the link to the thread of the completed project.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54070&highlight=winter+project

·
Banned
711 Posts
Whoa, I thought this was a plucking eyebrows topic. I know bikers have gotten laid back over the years but,,,plucking?

Glad its about hardware! :hystria:

·
Registered
908 Posts
I bought a handlebar clamp for an FXR2 with the integrated idiot lights. I moved the idiot lights to the clamp, then I bought the FXR2 top tripple tree cover and I drilled a hole in my bottom tripple tree. I have been riding the bike like that for about 7 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I removed the eyebrow on my 05 Lowrider over the winter also. I used an indicator panel offered by Headwinds to mount the stock indicators in. The indicator panel bolts in the same location where the eyebrow did. I want to do a mid glide conversion and when I do I'll have to relocate the indicator again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts