V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

With this cold weather 32. I have been wearing a neoprene face mask but my sunglasses fog at slow speeds, solution?

Kevin

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
J&P cycles sells an antifog spray and wipe that works good to stop fogging and keeps moisture at bay as well. I use it here in Vermont as it is frequently in the 40's when I leave for work in the am and very wet heavy fog in the mountains. Without it I would not be able to ride in in the mornings!

·
N.R.A.
772 Posts
Vettely said:
Shaving Creme
I was serious. I got the tip out of a home improvement magazine. Try this experiment, Put shaving creme on your bathroom mirror. Let it sit for a little bit then wipe/wash it off. Take a hot steamy shower and check out the mirror where you put the shaving creme. It will not be fogged up. Pretty neat trick.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
cowboy_bc said:
Hi all,

With this cold weather 32. I have been wearing a neoprene face mask but my sunglasses fog at slow speeds, solution?

Kevin

Zooke. Available at any motorcycle show.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Vettely said:
I was serious. I got the tip out of a home improvement magazine. Try this experiment, Put shaving creme on your bathroom mirror. Let it sit for a little bit then wipe/wash it off. Take a hot steamy shower and check out the mirror where you put the shaving creme. It will not be fogged up. Pretty neat trick.
Hey you can't do that here! Being serious gets you a three-day timeout! :Dennis

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I suppose I can see how the shaving creame would work. It contains alcohol. You could clean your glasses with straight alcohol and that would make it temporarily fog-free. Rain-X Anti-fog works this way as it is almost pure alcohol as well.

Zooke is what I use and it works longer than the aforementioned method of Rain-X as I have tried both. (haven't tried shaving creame and I think I will skip that suggestion).

·
Obsolete Rider
1,728 Posts
fogging

Mask fogging on a scuba dive is a bumer.
Clean your glasses with a little toothpaste first.
Next clean them with windex that has a little vinegar added. (the acid in the vinegar cuts grease)
Now use you favorite anti fog.
Dive shops have a little bottle of stuff called 500psi that
works good.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Or you could use the "touch method" of riding. lol

I use anti-fog spray that i picked up at the local bike shop. Don't remember who makes, but i am sure it's pretty much the same as the other products out there.

Anybod ever try Jet Dry?

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
I tried the spit method last night, but the spit just ran out the side of my mouth and slid along my cheek.

Chris

·
ALK
321 Posts
Zooke seems to work, and certainly is a bit easier to store...especially the the little "z-wax" container..(ie; pocket size).:cheers:

·
05 Deuce
263 Posts
I dab RainX with a Qtip on my goggles. Blast it with a can of air to help it dry, just before I go for a ride. Just be sure you do let it dry, it'll sting your eyes if it's fresh on the lens. It does seem like it's just isopoopoo alcohol, but it works. That stuff Kragen's sells is poo poo. My big problem is watering eyes past 45mph, even with goggles...and no it's not because i'm crying that I paid too much for my bike.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts