V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any extended length billet shift levers. I don't have enough room on the floorboard. I especially need more length toward the rear. I lowered the stock lever one tooth, but need a lever long enough to clear the rear of the floorboard to have enough room.

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
I've been using one from Bubba's Brakes for 3 1/2 years with no trouble. I think EZ-Brake also has one and probably some others as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Soft Brake makes replacement shift arms in different lengths, 1", 1.5", and 2" longer than the originals. I opted for the 1.5" longer arm on the rear (heal) shifter, which allowed for plenty of "movin around room" for my left boot. You can see their products at: www.softbrake.com

Ride Safe

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I Checked them out. I like the looks of the softbrake best. It looks like the e-z- brake, Bubba's brake, and Softbrake are all slotted steel, similar in construction to the stockers. Sure would like to find some that are actual billet.

Dave

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
The one I got from Bubba's is chromed billet although that was 3 1/2 years ago. I haven't had a problems with mine but have heard of some that wallowed out the splines because of billet fit to steel. I suspect they just weren't tighened down enough or the left foot belongs to a gorilla when shifting.

I think you need to look again. I just looked at Softbrake and their shift levers are billet. At least, that's what the catalog says.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts