V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, been looking at some of these sites that sell fiberglass fender extensions for Roadkings. I like the look of an extended fender, not those fat fenders, but one that follows the original line of the harley stock fender, just extended down a bit more. I'm interested in getting extended bags, and wanted to do a custom rear fender, that extends down, frenching in my plate, and doing some custom taillight work also. Only problem is, I dont like the idea of a fiberglass extension. I ride this bike as often as possible, and intend to continue to ride, and havent seen a fiberglass add-on that didn't crack over time. Have looked around on a few fender sites, but havent really came across what I am looking for. Thought maybe I would try a post here to see if;

1. if anyone understood what I am talking about

2. if they knew a site to go look at.

this photo is off the alren ness website, it is a picture of one of their fiberglass extensions, that is kind of the idea of what I want to do, follows the original lines of the stock fender, as oposed to flairing out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for both the replys, I do like the metal fenders best. I have looked at the fender extensions on Baddads website, but I dont like the fiber glass, want to stick with metal. I am going to have to look into the exchange program with that one site a little more.

·
Registered
71 Posts
BB06, thanks for the support and I'm glad to hear you are happy with our product. How did the install go? And what are you waiting for? Show us some pictures!

troiano, when installed properly by the right people, you should have no problems with cracking. These bikes are made to be ridden, so we ride! And since you asked, here's a KlockWerk's fender that we received raw and then put a little of our special schmutz on.

And just for discussion, for those that are wondering, Bad Dad on the left, Arlen Ness on the right.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bad Dad, thank you for the reply. I actually called your shop this morning, to inquire about stretched headlight. I had to get myself on the waiting list for that one, hope to see it on my bike this spring. Still weighing my options as far as rear fenders go, I want to get the front end finished, then moving to the rear.

Thanks again

·
Registered
71 Posts
Jeff,

Don't know how far along your front end has come, but here's a little something I just popped out of the mold today for the first time. Bolt on and ride. Easy as that.

Jacob

·
Registered
645 Posts
Woah.. Nice fender! When will it be available for the market? Is Derk back from Fl yet? This looks like something i'd be interested in.

P.S. sorry about thread crapping. PM me Jacob if you have any info. thnx

·
Custom Builder
1,263 Posts
Bad Dad said:
Jeff,

Don't know how far along your front end has come, but here's a little something I just popped out of the mold today for the first time. Bolt on and ride. Easy as that.

Jacob

Can you email me a price quote for one of those? Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts