V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tall softail owners out there use the extended reach foot controls for FX models? I am about 6' 1" and I really like the FX models but the foot controls are a bit close for my comfort. The H-D website says that the extended reach foot controls add three inches to the reach. Is that up to three inches as in they are adjustable or are they fixed at three inches? My dream bike of the week (subject to change without prior notice) is the Deuce. I'd hate to have to for go that bike because my legs are a tad too long. The FL Softails work good for me as does the Dyna Wide Glide. But I am not as big a fan of those bikes as I am the FX Softails. Any advice from you tall FX riders? Any help would be appreciated. :chopper:

·
Who Really Cares...
38 Posts
I'm considering extended reach controls too.

That's 4 votes for the Ness extensions. I originally thought to use them but my concern is the looks. Do they stick out too far from the frame? It looks like the brake lever/pedal almost touches the front wheel?

Anybody have pictures?

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
I have the Ness extensions on my 04 Deuce. THey do not interfere with front fender or any other part ofthe bike.
Only down side is that the factory engine guard does not fit after they are installed.
A tip for anyone going with the Ness kit. Paint the screw heads black. This way they don't stand out and blend in with the frame.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've got Accutronix extended forward controls on my 04 Deuce. I'm 6'3'' and the additional 3'' makes a huge difference IMO. Best money I've spent on the bike. They're not cheap, but you know the saying... You get what you pay for. They look absolutely gorgeous on the bike. Also, Accutronix will give a 10% discount for active duty service members.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
I'm 6' 2" and rode a Deuce with the Arlen Ness extentions this summer. I really liked how it felt. I've been putting off the extended controls as I'm going with a jockey shift. Those that have ridden for a while with the extended controls...do you think the extentions would cause a reach issue with the foot clutch?

·
Registered
83 Posts
CrazyHawk26 said:
I've got Accutronix extended forward controls on my 04 Deuce. I'm 6'3'' and the additional 3'' makes a huge difference IMO. Best money I've spent on the bike. They're not cheap, but you know the saying... You get what you pay for. They look absolutely gorgeous on the bike. Also, Accutronix will give a 10% discount for active duty service members.
Did the same thing as CrazyHawk... the Accutronix 3" turned out to be the best money spent on the Deuce so far. I'm 6'2" with a 36" inseam.

Dave

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Check out the Custom Chrome and Drag Specialities catalogs. Used to be some nice units in them that cost considerably less than Ness or Accutronix.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Before I settled on my Kuryakin extended fwd controls,I bought a set of drop down extensions for like 40 bucks.They worked great and made it alot more comfortable while I debated parts with myself. You have to pick your feet up to use the controls but its easy to get used to.

·
'04 FXSTDI
906 Posts
deuce163 said:
I'm 6' 2" and rode a Deuce with the Arlen Ness extentions this summer. I really liked how it felt. I've been putting off the extended controls as I'm going with a jockey shift. Those that have ridden for a while with the extended controls...do you think the extentions would cause a reach issue with the foot clutch?

It shouldn't as long as you can adjust the angle of the lever.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am with the AccuTronix boys. My bike came with them and they stretch out pretty far. They are expensive and Im glad the guy I bought the bike from put them on!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So...AccuTronix, Arlen Ness, Kuryakin as well as the H-D brand are among the primary brands I need to look into for extentions? :hmmm: Ok, I will look into them. Thanks guys for your recommendations.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts