V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody came up with a solution for this? I am still thinking about reversing the reduced reach controls, but have not purchased them for a try. Has this worked for anyone? If so any problems. Does it lower the pegs? Do you have to adjust linkage and rear brake? Is it simple to do? I am 6.6 and just looking for extra room. On long rides, I do ride broken ankle style (boots over the pegs) but it is still to low and afraid of actually breaking my ankle. Any help would be great. I am about to put on the slotted chrome and rubber foot pegs.
Thanks,

·
Registered
115 Posts
Extended Reach

If you try the reduced backwards I dont see how you could bend your foot back enough to use the rear brake and shifter. Those would also have to be move back I think. Arlen Ness is apparently working on lots of stuff for the V-rod including extended reach controls. They said spring as they have lots of stuff in R&D right now. They are just releasing their loweing kit this month. I am 6'3" and I also want extended reach. I am thinking about buying the drag bars from Lottermans. This will at least uncramp my arms.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Paul Beattie,

I'm also 6'3 and wait eagerly for extended reach controls - great to hear that Arlen Ness is doing some R&D. I am also getting the Lottermann dragbars and in the process getting rid of the turn signals, moving the reg plate to the side and lowering the rear 1-2 inches with the Dyna low profile shocks. When the winter ends this bike will be ready and mean!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts