V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience using the extended brake pedals offered for floor-board models?
I'm looking at Bubba's, E-Z brake, Tuff Brake, Kuryakyn....
The cheaper ones do not have a grease fitting. Is that necessary?

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
grease fitting....

I've heard some good things about extended brake pedals,especially the ones offered by Walters Workshop.

I would definitely cough up the extra bucks for the grease fitting.This is an area of the bike that is gonna pick up road dust & water,I think a grease fitting is a good idea.Why mess with brakes by trying to save a few bucks?

Just my 02 cents,Good Luck.
guido

·
Registered
132 Posts
Re: Extended Brake pedal

tadams6580 said:
Has anyone had any experience using the extended brake pedals offered for floor-board models?
I'm looking at Bubba's, E-Z brake, Tuff Brake, Kuryakyn....
The cheaper ones do not have a grease fitting. Is that necessary?
Don't know about Hustler but I'm Rustler (ROFL) and yes the ez-brake and ezshift are great. hit the site below and click harleys then FLHT and there are pics of it

·
Registered
260 Posts
Bubba's Brake has a much better one in my opinion. It comes with the grease fitting installed already. Plus he offers a very sharp looking set of floorboards and shifter that match up with the extended brake pedal. You will love Bubba's mo betta....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have used the Bubba's extended pedal for about 3 years...

with no problems. It had a grease fitting installed. It is worth the cost (if that's possible given the cost of all Harley parts). I don't know why the factory didn't put 'em out like this to begin with...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I put the EZ-Brake on my FLHR. I have big feet, what a difference. I also picked up their extendes shift levers. They are well made.

·
Registered
354 Posts
After installing Bubba's Extended Brake Arm, did you gain additional clearance between the front exhaust headpipe and the brake pedal arm? Their web site says that they "rotated" the pedal forward (compared to the stock pedal).

Reason why I ask is that I have a ceramic coated exhaust pipe on order, and I believe there will be a clearance problem (with the brake pedal) upon installation. Option #1 is to cut a hunk of metal out of my stock pedal arm for clearance and apply paint to prevent rust. Option #2 is to replace the stock pedal with an extended style, if I can find one that will provide enough additional clearance, and that sells at a reasonable price:D

Anybody care to comment on the Bubba's unit or others? Thanks:D

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I have the EZ and it was worth every penny. I like the way it puts the pad out and down a little from stock. For me it's more comfortable.
The after market guys must have been on to something, the MOCO extended the pedal on the new FLH's:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
BHBandit said:
Check out the classified section, I have a Kuryakyn pedal for sale there.
spam spam spam spam spaaaaaaaaam.........:D

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have the EZ brake and EZ shift both. I really like the position of the brake pedal, especially when using highway pegs. The quality is excellent. I removed the rear shift lever since I never used it & put the spacer on. If you remove the shifter, I recommend that you get a spacer...EZ makes them as does Kury.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I have the Walter's Workshop one...

I got the brake lever, shift levers, heel rests, and the Kuryakyn kit that moves the floorboards out 3/4". Best accessories I bought for my bike. Much more room to move around on longer trips, and the brake pedal really does wind up in an easier to use place.

The Walter's brake lever has a grease fitting. I don't know if it's necessary or not, but if the stock lever has a grease fitting and Harley thinks you need a grease fitting there to keep the brake lever from binding, I'm not sure I'd want to save a few bucks and "see what happens".

·
Registered
2 Posts
lgray71654

I am having a hard time getting my new brake pedal on. The tab that links to the master cylinder will not slide up under or around the link for the master cylinder. whats up with that? I have a 97 road king.

?anyone?

·
Registered
32 Posts
To get more room on my floorboard, I simply cut down the brake pedal flat enough to fit the FX pedal cover on the original part...hope that makes sense! I don't care for the car-sized brake pedal, and the smaller pedal works just fine for me...More of an old school style, gives me a lot more room, pretty inexpensive, only $40 for a MoCo part. You can use a Sawzall to make the cut, in my case, I used a cutoff wheel...easy peasy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts