V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...If a few have tryed to disrupt and or ruin the board...We SHOULD make whoever did it PUBLIC!!
If we have rats amonst us...Shouldn't we know who they are?
You will allow them to perpetuate thier venom if they aren't exposed..
My .02 sense

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
(loading my .357...pulling back the hammer)

Hey Groucho,

I agree! Right now I am waiting on more information from the web host. I just don't see why an "outsider" would come into our biker forum to cause havoc. It just may be someone amongst us.

I will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Website Destroyers

Anyone who visits Harley websites KNOW WHAT GROUP causes problems. They roam from site to site like maggots, destroying, causing infighting, and then move on to spread more disease.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Is that why the board was down?

I know there will always be a$$hol*s... so I'll hold my nose and enjoy the real crew. We can weed out folks who just talk trash but tearing stuff up is down right ridiculous.

Ape

·
Registered
381 Posts
Re: Website Destroyers

Deuce Man said:
Anyone who visits Harley websites KNOW WHAT GROUP causes problems. They roam from site to site like maggots, destroying, causing infighting, and then move on to spread more disease.
And the name of this group would be?.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
After reading the explanation of what happened over the weekend I'm glad to see the asshole responsible has been blocked out.
Just like all that Virus crap. Why in the world would someone want to screwup anyones computer? Lot of sickos out there.
Hey Doggie, good to see you.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: (loading my .357...pulling back the hammer)

dprice said:
Hey Groucho,

I agree! Right now I am waiting on more information from the web host. I just don't see why an "outsider" would come into our biker forum to cause havoc. It just may be someone amongst us.

I will keep everyone posted.
Glad to hear your "on it"...This is one of the boards I enjoy being on...I've, (and many others) have seen good boards go down because of someone who is tired of picking thier nose and wants to stir up some sh1t to get thier jollies...Good natured banter is healthy but.....:mad:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just got a big ole error page explaining technical difficulties, server temporary down....I did not get any e-mail explaining possible hacking!

Lets just hope it was internal bugs needed to get worked out.

Hope all is well with everyone,....good to be up and running again.

Jimmy T / TooTall at other sites :)

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Greetings Y'all !

Ok before we get out the tar and feathers and start looking at each other please remember this. THE SERVER was attacked NOT this site.

The server may have many such sites and trust me, this site is not the only site on that server.

The attack may have nothing to do with this site nor anyone on it. This site was affected because it uses the server that was affected.

Read the email that David received.....

Ok everyone, the website was down for a few days due to malicious acts of others. Here is the email msg received from our web host:

"Dear Valued .....Customer,

This past weekend many of you and our own employees as well may have
experienced what appeared to be a hack or breach of Omnis security but
really was not. What has happened was all accounts that
had UNIX permission for their Group and Other categories set to 777 or
read & write enabled for the Group and Others permissions, allowed for
a customer who ran a particular script to be able to delete those
files. These files will be restored ASAP.

As a result, increased security is being put in place that will prevent
this type of attack from occurring again regardless of file permissions
placed on your files. This is not to say that you should not be mindful
of your file permissions as they are very important to insuring your
site is not vulnerable to attack.

Please let us know if you have any questions or are in need to further
explanation in this matter."

The Dear Valued Customer part is David. He owns this site and as such pays for it. ( By the way THANKS DAVID! For offering us a place to play literally at your expense.)

In closing I would like to again state, whereas I love a good public hanging when the evidence is in, I still have an aversion to a lunch mob that goes off half cocked.

DID I SAY HALF COCKED?????

Bla ha haha ha! Chill out y'all, it may have nothing to do with anyone here. If it does, hell...tracking this kind of crap is easy.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Yea I know I said "lunch mob" LOL! I was going to edit it but thought it was too funny to lose! LOL!

Lynch MOB

There all better! LOL!

·
Registered
138 Posts
It always amazes me how some folk get their rocks off pissing other people off. I don't mind a difference of opinion, I expect it, but I don't see the point of stirring the pot intentionally.

As far a posting IP’s, go ahead, I got nothing to hide. What harm could it do anyway?

Dave

·
Registered
977 Posts
Posted by Deuce Man:

"Anyone who visits Harley websites KNOW WHAT GROUP causes problems. They roam from site to site like maggots, destroying, causing infighting, and then move on to spread more disease."

Ronf asked a question above that has not been answered. I too would like to know the answer. Just what 'group' are you referring to, Deuce Man ?

You said it, please explain it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LUNCH

JimmyK said:
Yea I know I said "lunch mob" LOL! I was going to edit it but thought it was too funny to lose! LOL!

Lynch MOB

There all better! LOL!

Lunch...Did you say Lunch??
OK I'm in....Count me in...:cool:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Re: LUNCH

GROUCHO said:

Lunch...Did you say Lunch??
OK I'm in....Count me in...:cool:

Ok a deal is a deal. Lunch at Hooters on 1960 west of the 45 here in Houston tomorrow. Ha ha!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
45???

Hi Jimmy...
I'd be there..No one I'd rather have lunch with Bro...
Unfortunately...I'm on highway 25 now...25 DEGREES that is LOL...
EVERY October I wonder what kinda "knucklehead" I am for staying here up Nort...
I hate the cold and whine from December to April about not being able to ride!!!
Enjoy your day..
Groucho:cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts