V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I initially loaded the 105HD019 map which sounded like the perfect fit for my bike (see signature for details).
I spend 1/2 the weekend trying t get rid of a cough, hesitation etc to no avail.
Finally I decide to load map 105HP103 which does NOT take into account the SE-203 cams, and guess what? The bike ran like a dandy.

Then I took from there and lowered the AFR (for richer mix) to compensate for our poor fuel AND hot air. A couple of touches on the AE and DE tables and next thing I know I have a very smooth bike with no hesitation or stumble and the bike is ready to go at any throttle %.

So, don't be afraid to explore similar maps.... the solution could be just a click away.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After a couple of weeks with the 105HP103 based setup, I gather strength and decide to give the original map 105HD019 a shot because I feel the bike is a bit soft... not as quick to rev as when i tried 105HD019.

After determining that my coughing problem is restrained to the under 2000 RPMs range AND knowing that SERT cannot affect AFR table under 2000 RPMs, I put my attention in the VE tables.

Immediately I noticed that under 2000 RPMs, at TPs from 0 to 20, the VE values dropped dramatically from 80s to 50s effectively telling the ECM to send less fuel to the cylinders.

So, I take the VE tables values from both maps and make an Excel, and make a formula to take the higher of the two values amongst the front VE tables of these two maps, same thing for the rear cylinder. In essence, telling the system: DONT STARVE MY ENGINE AT LOW RPMs and TPs

I loaded the map and, after an initial test so see everything looked OK, then I had a full day. Not only did I get rd of the cough, but the bike revs up much more aggressively with this 105HD019 based map than with my previous 105HP103 based map.

I think I have finally reached Nirvana. Now I just need a basic service and new tires... we are riding to Haiti next month!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts