V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do objects in mirror have to be closer than they appear?

Why can't they just appear as they are?

What's up with that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that part. My question is, why? IOW, why give us a distorted field of view? Why not a regular mirror that we can adjust for optimum coverage w/o a distorted depth of field?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
MilesOfSmiles said:
Why do objects in mirror have to be closer than they appear?

Why can't they just appear as they are?

What's up with that?

OK, let me try to respond.

If you have ever seen Jarrasic Park 1, and you see the T-Rex in the left side mirror, and ya read that little line that says "OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR.", then you will realize it is nothing more than a Corporate scheme to make money.

Or the damn things are convex. :D

·
Registered
603 Posts
Federal government regulations. Eventually your lawnmower will be water cooled and no more 2 cycle engines.

JMS

·
Registered
575 Posts
I guess because to give you an equivalent field of view, you would have to have a mirror the size of a basketball or a multifaceted mirror, which by definition would distort more than just the field of view (like, distort your mind by making you dizzy, thus... well, you know what would happen)........

·
Banned
5,863 Posts
JMS said:
Federal government regulations. Eventually your lawnmower will be water cooled and no more 2 cycle engines.

JMS
Mirrors to 2-strokes in 4.0 posts. Not bad.

My lawnmower will never be liquid cooled. Anybody from the federal government who tries to enter my garage with the intent to retrofit a water jacket in my 10 year old Briggs & Stratton is gonna meet the business end of my 870 Express.

Dean

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Liquid Cooled Lawnmower? Is that like one of them jobs with no motor that keeps ya running for the Ice Box?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
There ya go Dean. ;)

·
Registered
906 Posts
It's a syptom of the stupidity in our society....I wonder how many morons killed a biker cuz it wasn't labelled and blamed it on the car company.

Why then when you buy a knife it doesn't have a sticker on it that says "Do Not Stick In Eye"??

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
It's kind of like the serial numbers on condoms.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Nice try JimmyK. I'll let someone else grab the hook. J.T.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Can't believe no one has bitten on that one. All us Texas boys have seen serial numbers on condoms.;)

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Yea I know. These guys are no fun. LOL!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
JimmyK said:
Liquid Cooled Lawnmower? Is that like one of them jobs with no motor that keeps ya running for the Ice Box?
A lawnmower like this sure would get me running!!! specially if it had a Rooster behind the wheel! :eek:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts