V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Warlord, I have a 92', and like a fine wine, it only get's better with age, and mods of course! Check out the "FXSTC 150 tire" thread in the softail forum to see the upgrades I did to it. Not sure I can repeat photo uploads here. The comfort is there depending on your size. I've got long legs, so extending the pegs forward was a must. More than stock. The suspension was and is adjustable and putting the stabilizer on the forks (way back when) helps keep the wobble factor at bay. Dampening is a good idea too. I may be saying the obvious to you but I don't know a lot of individuals here yet, so bare with me. Message me if you want to know what and why the mods I did.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I have an FXSTS, it is now 13 years old and I stll love it, if that answers your question

·
Registered
555 Posts
Halito. Angel is the first Softy I ever owned. Have had Electra-glide, various Sportsters, hard-tail Pan, etc., and, so far, I am liking Angel. I have spinal-stenosis, so can't ride very far when I CAN ride, but Angel seems to be the most comfortable scoot I've ever rode on. I do have Progressive shocks and that has helped over the stock set-up. The bad?? Well, gotta pull the shocks to do the tranny, and everything around the oil tank/trans/shock area is pretty tight to work on. Plus, they are a bit heavier than there "Dyna" brothers.

C//..,/''./

·
Retired
1,827 Posts
Anybody notice this thread is almost 12 years old? He ended up getting a '03 FXST, which after 2 years he was thinking on getting rid of it and getting a Sporty. His last post was in late 2005.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
newbe got me with his post to an old thread

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have a 1995 FXSTC that I've travelled a lot of Europe and North America on. I thought it handled fine, but I didn't know any better. I'm sure the newer ones handle better. Great bike though with endless potential.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts