V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all from Oregon,

I hadn't ridden in over 25 years and decided to buy a sportster. Bought a beautiful 04 classic with all the bells and whistles. Road it for 3 weeks/800 miles and decided it was fine for just me, but with my wife on the back it just was not as stable as I wanted.

Back to the dealer, you know, they just don't give you all your money back. They did bend over backwards for me though and I understood. Now I have a new 06 Heritage classic and went through the new buying experience. Figured out I should have bought exhaust, air filter, power comander and installed them myself, O'well.

I don't regret the first buy, what if I had bought the big one and decided it was too much.

Chris

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Hi Chris,

Your on a great new bike. Keep looking in front of the bike and only glance in the mirrors from time to time. You can miss the bumps and take the turns better.

Welcome to the finest bike forum I know. Lots of crazy motorcycle nut jobs like me and now you, here.

Enjoy the bike and the forum. Read post and be happy.

·
Registered
829 Posts
:welcome: to the forums, Chris. I have an expensive Wide Glide....bought a Sporty and an EG Std before I figured out the WG was the one for me. Oh well, it's only money.....

Enjoy your time here.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the new bike. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I know the feeling

I did basically the same thing. Hadn't ridden in several years. My son, Msocko3
bought a sportster and conned me into taking it for a ride. I was once again hooked.

First purchase was a 1200 Custom ( o5 ). Most riding is 2 up and not enough room on the sporty for my wife and my tastes. Rode that for about 1800 miles and traded it in on an 05 Heritage Classic. Loved the bike. Handled great.I even purchased the tour pack for it. Was satisfied until I rode Msocko3's EG. I then wanted all the comforts.

Sold the Heritage and purchased an 06 Ultra Classic. Within 7 weeks my wife and I logged 4,600 miles on it. WE love it and are now satisfied.We ( especially me ) enjoy all the creature comforts that the Ultra has to offer. My son also purchased an Ultra and when we ride together the CB really comes in handy.

I enjoy the radio but most important is the communications between my wife and I. The communications and radio system on the new Ultras is superb.

We are looking forward to next year when we expect to log anywhere between 12,000 to 15,000 miles. LIFE IS GRAND.

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, for the welcome!

We have planned at some point to do a fly and ride out of Las Vegas and was thinking about the ultra classic. But I can't afford one, I ride it, fall in love, hence the the delima. Hum, what to do.

Thanks again,

Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Chris

I'm in Coos Bay and am new to the forum. I'm purchasing an '05 Ultra from my stepfather. I will probably bring it home in a week or so. Been riding an '80 Golwing. Congrats on your HD!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
:welcome: To VTF Chris all the way from sth Oz.
Congrats on your new ride..........after all the flip floppin' that is.Lol.
!drunk! Cheers Big Ears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts