V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 2005 Road King Classic in dire need of some new pipes.. I am curious if anyone knows of websites that give good non-bias reviews and such... I havent had any luck trying to locate such a site...

I look forward to hearing from ya...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
There is no such thing as a non bais review of exhuasts, best advice is to go somewhere with a lot of bikes and listen for yourself. By the way, I have a Electra Glide with Samson Rolled Ovals and am pretty happy with them, but considering going with V&H Big Shot duals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Milehog said:
What are you after? Sound, power, looks?
Looking for a deep harley sound at low speeds that barks when you throttle up but mellows out at higher speeds..
Thanks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,920 Posts
quite a few people will say ( from what I've read and people I've spoke with ) that vance and hines hs pipes with a quiet baffle are great pipes. the quiet baffle if you want to tone them down a little. not a reveiw just an opinion. I have SE torque slip ons on my heritage. here's a thread with pipe pics I started that may help. I know you can't see all the pics but look around.

http://65.38.172.84/forums/showthread.php?t=47563
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brownjams said:
quite a few people will say ( from what I've read and people I've spoke with ) that vance and hines hs pipes with a quiet baffle are great pipes. the quiet baffle if you want to tone them down a little. not a reveiw just an opinion. I have SE torque slip ons on my heritage. here's a thread with pipe pics I started that may help. I know you can't see all the pics but look around.

http://65.38.172.84/forums/showthread.php?t=47563
Thanks.. I peaked through it.. cant see many of the pics.. but from what i could see there are some nice bikes with some nice pipes... not a lot of FLHR's though... I like the dual pipe look.. lots of 2 n 1's around... the search continues... thanks...
 

·
Livin the dream
Joined
·
338 Posts
This is a good website for exhaust and other stuff. http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/exhaust_test_02.htm
I have a black rkc and put bassani road rage 2:1 on. after some modifications Im very pleased with the sound and performance. There are alot of 2:1 pipes because they make more power in the usable rpm ranges. I had 2:2 pipes they sounded great but the low end was lacking. First pic is the bassani's and the second pic is santee 45 caliber. Edit: Made a sound clip for you. It doesnt do it justice, it is much louder then it sounds here. If you want quiet, it comes with a baffle and wasnt loud at all. I took the baffle out and hated the megaphone sound so i cut the baffle off of the ends that slip into the meg and welded a straight pipe in it and put it back in. I love it now. http://www.zippyvideos.com/9981170003059826/bassani/

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tucos said:
This is a good website for exhaust and other stuff. http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/exhaust_test_02.htm
I have a black rkc and put bassani road rage 2:1 on. after some modifications Im very pleased with the sound and performance. There are alot of 2:1 pipes because they make more power in the usable rpm ranges. I had 2:2 pipes they sounded great but the low end was lacking. First pic is the bassani's and the second pic is santee 45 caliber. Edit: Made a sound clip for you. It doesnt do it justice, it is much louder then it sounds here. If you want quiet, it comes with a baffle and wasnt loud at all. I took the baffle out and hated the megaphone sound so i cut the baffle off of the ends that slip into the meg and welded a straight pipe in it and put it back in. I love it now. http://www.zippyvideos.com/9981170003059826/bassani/

Cool.. thanks for the info.. much appreciated.. still lookin for some info specifically on the V&H Classics with End Caps.. your bike sounds good.... thanks for sharing...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I have a 96 FXSTS,

With V&H Straightshot hs's on it. Very loud with the stock baffles but with the Quite Baffles you can "sneak" in and out of the nieghborhood. Or you can twist the throttle and Let it rip still loud but with the stock V&H baffles you don't have the option of sneaking anywhere..
 

·
Custom Builder
Joined
·
1,263 Posts
jmcampo said:
Thanks.. I peaked through it.. cant see many of the pics.. but from what i could see there are some nice bikes with some nice pipes... not a lot of FLHR's though... I like the dual pipe look.. lots of 2 n 1's around... the search continues... thanks...
Try and find some Rinehart true duals to listen to. You'll love'em.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
356 Posts
I just installed a set of Vance and Hines bagger duals with oval slip-ons today. They look great and I like the sound. I have liked the look of the oval slip ons for quite a while, and when I got my RKC in November I decided to get the duals as well. I had the Pro-pipe HS on my Lowrider and before that I was running straight shots. Never had any problem with V&H Chrome, sound , or performance. Once again, my opinion and others may vary.
Randy
 

·
I paid.........did you??
Joined
·
2,301 Posts
jmcampo said:
Looking for a deep harley sound at low speeds that barks when you throttle up but mellows out at higher speeds..
Thanks...
From what you stated..........the Thunderheader 2-1 sounds like it will fit your needs nicely.

Deep sound at idle and low speeds, it will bark loudly when needed, and once you get rolling it mellows right out and you can hear the stereo.

I love my TH.......it's my 3rd exhaust on my Ultra and it's a keeper.


Steve
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top