V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
00 Road King, 00 Ultra, 98 Fatboy, 08 Goldwing
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had one of my slip on mufflers come off the bike on the higway and get run over by a truck.

I need to get replacement slipons or new system. I am looking for recommendations for my set up. I don't mind if they are a little loud as long as they are not obnoxious.

My set up: 2000 Road King, Magnetti Marelli with 53mm Horsepower Inc throttle body, 106 S&S stroker kit, .585 geared S&S cams, street port heads by Bean, screaming eagle clutch, and 6 speed Rivera Primo.

·
Super Moderator
20,309 Posts
So we can assume it was tuned for that set up? What cans were on it to begin with? Basically you'll want the same sort of can, to match the tune. Straight through, flap baffle, pinch baffle, perforated tube.

·
Premium Member
00 Road King, 00 Ultra, 98 Fatboy, 08 Goldwing
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So we can assume it was tuned for that set up? What cans were on it to begin with? Basically you'll want the same sort of can, to match the tune. Straight through, flap baffle, pinch baffle, perforated tube.
Sorry; forgot to mention, it has a power commander 3 usb. I've had it on there for years with same setup. I got a map from power commander and tweaked to get good results. The head pipes are stock and I had Samson slipons. I don't remember what model. I fully expect that it will be necessary to change the mapping. I hope I can find a map on line that is close and then I can tweak it from there. No tuners in this area that have a good reputation. If its not a new bike, they are lost.

·
Super Moderator
20,309 Posts
Well for a real deep tone, and reasonable sound suppression, S&S MK 45's are popular.

That scooter uses that same can the MoCo used all the way up until 2016. So if you are looking to keep the cost down a little, there should be a lot of used cans to be had.

·
Registered
734 Posts
been there...was a shocking wakeup.. if the fking clamp dont do the job you gotta add a stop bolt at the bracket thingy so it cannot come out(length)...drill a hole and put a small nyloc nut/bolt at he right spot so it wiil butt up/stop before the pipe can come out... that way it aint never fking flying off and kill someone...including urself

1 - 5 of 5 Posts