V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I have an 05 Faltboy carb model and cannot get rid of the exhaust pop whe I let off the gas. I have rejetted the carb and have SE II slip ons with high flow breather. I have changed the exhaust gaskets and checked for intake leaks but still cannot get rid of poppong. Any suggestions.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
Your carb needs to be tuned. Just rejetting does not do it, its just the start. You need to have the carb tuned to your bike/config/setup. Good luck...

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
Did you adjust the fuel screw?
It is on the bottom of the carb between the float bowl and intake manifold.
Usually there is an EPA soft plug (aluminum) covering the adjuster, you would need to drill a pilot hole in the plug (do not plunge any deeper as soon as you break through the thin plug because the fuel screw is just below the plug) then use a sheet metal screw to remove the balance of the plug.
With the machine running and at operating temperature, lightly bottom the fuel screw then back it out 2 turns, then in or out till you get the highest smoothest idle. IF you are more than or close to 3.5 turns out you may need to up the pilot jet 10 points.

You WILL need to adjust the fuel screw whenever temp and humidity change 20 points, that is IF you want super crisp off idle throttle acceleration and no popping on decell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Petrock, I took your suggestion and had a dynojet kit installed and it almost completely solved the prob. Now at 70-75 MPH when I completetly backoff it pops. All in all I'll take that over the previous.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Popping Pipes

Try setting the idle speed to the higher side of the range. About 1050 RPMs. A fully closed butterfly disturbs the mixture more than a partially open one does.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Let's not forget...sometimes you just can not get rid of all of the "pop". It just happens at times!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts