V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes.........I am shopping the aftermarket and will not bore you guys with the typical how loud interrogatives. However, I would like to know your experience. I am considering Vance & Hines, BUB and Sampson. Are the Vance & Hines the quietest followed by BUB and then Sampson? Am I off the mark here, boys? Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
To my ears the Vance & HInes are the loudest and sorta raspy too, I have a set of oval drag speciality mufflers and a set of Khrome Werks HP-Plus, just depends on my mood.
Gary
02 FLHTCUI

·
Registered
354 Posts
Vagabond,
Which set of your pipes are quieter at freeway speeds (80 MPH)? How is the quality of those Khrome Werks pipes?

Been thinking of going back to stock headpipes/slip-ons (run White Brothers E-Series 2 into 1 now), but I want to find some slip ons that are not much louder than stock mufflers and at the same time are free-flowing and deliver good performance.

I'm probably asking the impossible:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Khrome Werks sound great not too loud at all, but louder than stock, nice deep rumble, not raspy at all. THe quality is very good also, nice pipes.
Gary
02 FLHTCUI

·
Registered
903 Posts
Gary, do you use the PowerCommander II with those mufflers? I was looking at their web page and they recommended it. Just wondering...

·
Registered
903 Posts
Ok thanks, I am going to be changing out my mufflers at the end of the season and I dread trying to figure out which ones to get. I think I'll have to spend a little more time down at the shop to hear them all and compare. I would like a set that I could hear the stereo and have a little deeper bass sound. If you find a set like that - please let me know.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I've got Screamin Eagles on my Ultra and like the sound more than a friends V&H. But I've got a 2000 95" and hes got a 98 Ultra.
So make sure what motor your listening to.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
GARY.......

With those Krome Werks, do you get any other sounds from your engine like a high pitched, slightly popping sound? Probably not describing it right but I was told that all 02's have it, it's just the Ultras with the lowers and fairing seem to notice it more. Maybe I just have dog ears and can hear the higher frequencies. Had the V&H Basics on and I couldn't stand that noise. Went to the HD Touring muffs and the weird noise became barable and at a lower muffled tone. Actually the Touring muffs with about 2500 miles on seem to be coming to life. Nice rumble at idle and at low speeds, and at highway speeds you can still hear them but the radio and talking to the wife is much much more pleasurable. Maybe after the next 2500 they will be prefect (for me).
Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts