V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the info. I have decided to go with the V&H Ovals, two reasons - I am concerned about them cracking down on the noise levels and this is my First Harley so I am taking it slow.

I have also purchased the power commander, now I am being told that I should have also purchased the air cleaner as well.

Should I have??? This is a new bike 2006 HD Road King FLTR, will I be causing a problem with the warranty?

Any of you guys run into a problem.

·
Registered
297 Posts
rmuccino said:
Thanks for the info. I have decided to go with the V&H Ovals, two reasons - I am concerned about them cracking down on the noise levels and this is my First Harley so I am taking it slow.

I have also purchased the power commander, now I am being told that I should have also purchased the air cleaner as well.

Should I have??? This is a new bike 2006 HD Road King FLTR, will I be causing a problem with the warranty?

Any of you guys run into a problem.
It isn't necessary to upgrade the air cleaner when you upgrade the exhaust, but doing so will maximize the performance gains. As far as the warranty goes, I imagine that the MoCo could take issue with the modifications and deny a claim, but it will be the local dealer who will be your contact point. If they are doing the installation and tuning they might be inclined to look the other way as far as your modifications......Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts