V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2011 Heritage (96 c.i.,) with straight pipes. Its too loud for my taste.
I have located a complete system from an earlier 88 inch carbureted model that is priced right.
I know that the head pipe without Oxygen sensor bungs will have to be changed.
Any other concerns about compatibility?
Thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
123 Posts
I recently purchased a 2011 Heritage (96 c.i.,) with straight pipes. Its too loud for my taste.
I have located a complete system from an earlier 88 inch carbureted model that is priced right.
I know that the head pipe without Oxygen sensor bungs will have to be changed.
Any other concerns about compatibility?
Thanks,
Pete
Good question, Curious why you don't look for a set of pipes from a 96 in that era there a tons around for cheap.
One thing that comes to mind with an older 88 set is the mounts may be different along the head pipe and maybe the mufflers as well..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,730 Posts
Yup I would say eBay is your friend on this one. Don't try to jury rig your pipes if you don't have to. Now to figure out what kind of pipe to satisfy your needs.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
any of the softail pipes will fit the engine,, from evo through 103,,, M8 pipes may not work,, but as long as the pipes are off a softail,,, different mounting brackets for the frame are available to attach the pipes to your bike... all the softails I've worked on,,, except the heritage with age left and right system will fit... these can be fitted,, but are alot more complicated,, but brackets are available and the FL softail frames have the mounting holes required..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts