V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Infidel
5,408 Posts
gbenner said:
Bogart, do you have the Bassani slipons on a road king? The picture looks teriffic. I have a 02 efi king w/ the stage 1 and SE pipes. Does anyone know if I would have to reflash the computer chip? I'm not trying to get more power, just don't want to go backwards.

greg
Greg,

If your dealer installed the stage I kit, they undoubtedly did the reflash at that time.look here

Regards,
wyo

· Infidel
5,408 Posts
fearnot69 said:
One question for gogburn..what is envolved in having a bike dyno tuned after the StageI kit? I assume you were refering to that. Thanks to you or anyone else who can answer the question. J.T.
fearnot,

There is/was a running discussion of the cause and effects of stage I upgrades on EFI baggers on Preacher's TC88 thread

From what I understand, intalling the stage 1 breather kit (w/ reflash) and installing freer flowing slip-on pipes causes efi baggers to pop on deceleration (some bikes worse than others). Mine pops a little, I think it sounds cool so I don't sweat it.

One solution is to install a PowerCommander III and alter the fuel profile. Another solution may be HD's new race tuner .

Regards,

wyo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.