V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum, and 1 week with 2001 softail heritage classic(EFI) with 570 miles and the seller transferred 7 year extended warranty. If I change the exhaust through HD(despite the race flags symbol) and get the air cleaner kit done, will it effect my extended warranty? And what SE product would you recommend for a medium noise level boost? Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
206 Posts
...In the H-D parts catalog, it states if H-D performs the Stage 1, the warranty is in tack...FWIW

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nichol,

I had the same worries before. But, after talking to many, many HD mechanics minor bolt on accessories won't effect your warranty. You really have to do major engine work to void the warranty. HD understands that their riders are going to do modest upgrades. Those flag symbols are just a disclaimer they their lawyers make them put on.

Good luck,
Bobby

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have a 2002 Heritage and I bought the extended warranty. I called them and asked about pipe changes. They told me anything but the Harley-Davidson script mufflers in the H-D catalog would void my warranty. So I cancelled the warranty and used the refund to buy the pipes I wanted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts