V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 fat boy, 95 kit, httc non ported heads, forged domed pistons, 211 cams, 42 mikuni, s/ air w/k&n filter, 16 guage double barrels. Had all work done new, never happy w/exhaust, believe it is too restrictive. Runs smooth w/no glitches, but know I can do better. Prefer something that works best in 2-4k rpm range.Narrowed down as follows: 2-1: pro pipe or road rage ( also could think fat cat, but can't believe how heavy system is). 2-2( original python 3 or khrome werks ar III, or stock head pipes from softtail standard with s&s performance mufflers or rush slip ons. Can live w/looks and sound of any included. Don't like tinny sound, more into deep rumble sound. Any input appreciated.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
V&H ProPipeHS!

·
Banned
17,238 Posts
the 2 indy shops I frequent here both say V&H ProPipe over Thunderheader.
Fred

·
Banned
871 Posts
retired lt said:
04 fat boy, 95 kit, httc non ported heads, forged domed pistons, 211 cams, 42 mikuni, s/ air w/k&n filter, 16 guage double barrels. Had all work done new, never happy w/exhaust, believe it is too restrictive. Runs smooth w/no glitches, but know I can do better. Prefer something that works best in 2-4k rpm range.Narrowed down as follows: 2-1: pro pipe or road rage ( also could think fat cat, but can't believe how heavy system is). 2-2( original python 3 or khrome werks ar III, or stock head pipes from softtail standard with s&s performance mufflers or rush slip ons. Can live w/looks and sound of any included. Don't like tinny sound, more into deep rumble sound. Any input appreciated.
Of the systems you mentioned, I'd choose in the following order:

1. Pro-Pipe
2. Python III system
3. either #1 or #2.

Other good options would be the Thunderheader or the Bartels system. For the 2-1 exhausts... I think the Pro-Pipe has slightly better fit and finish than the T-header. Any of these systems sound good, look good, and perform great!

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Propipe all the way...sounds great and makes the best power.

For some great pics on a bagger...do a search for: V&H Propipe on a bagger..or something like that. This pipe really looks great on the dressers.

Semper Fi,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for input, probably will go w/pro pipe. like python 3's, but after checking some dyno charts, ie branch, it looks a little flat in torque until after 3500 rpm. Pro pipe users: is the system prone to any major torque dips in 2500-3000 range which has to be worked on? Thanks

·
Banned
871 Posts
retired lt said:
thanks for input, probably will go w/pro pipe. like python 3's, but after checking some dyno charts, ie branch, it looks a little flat in torque until after 3500 rpm. Pro pipe users: is the system prone to any major torque dips in 2500-3000 range which has to be worked on? Thanks
Yes, most 2-2 systems have that dip in torque below 3000 rpm. My Pro-Pipe starts at 72 ft lbs at 1500 rpm and goes up from there. No dips! :)

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
ProPipe - only if:
1. You like the looks of it on your FB.
2. You can live with the sound (2-1 will not sound like a 2-2, but the Propipe is one of the best sounding 2-1's)
3. You have a tuner that knows how to properly tune a 2-1, otherwise you will not get all of what the Propipe or any other 2-1 has to offer.

Stock headpipes with either SEII slip-on's with baffles opened by about 40% or the new Khrome Werks 3" slip-on's for the FB. Both slip-on's will give you have the crossover tube.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Congrats ToddM for your inputs and comments on this thread as well as on the other threads!

Best

emirharley
"Sarajevo Bikers Club" MC
www.sarajevobikersclub.ba
-----------------------------------------------------
2001 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic FLHRCI HDI EFI
Screamin' Eagle Stage One Kit
RevTech DFO Stealth Performance System
Screamin' Eagle Performance Mufflers
(Set two: Wild Pig Pipes, 2" baffles)
Ape Hanger
Back Rest
Kuryakyn Spider Light
et cetera

·
Banned
871 Posts
SFTL-1 said:
ProPipe - only if:
1. You like the looks of it on your FB.
2. You can live with the sound (2-1 will not sound like a 2-2, but the Propipe is one of the best sounding 2-1's)
3. You have a tuner that knows how to properly tune a 2-1, otherwise you will not get all of what the Propipe or any other 2-1 has to offer.

Stock headpipes with either SEII slip-on's with baffles opened by about 40% or the new Khrome Werks 3" slip-on's for the FB. Both slip-on's will give you have the crossover tube.
I agree, except about the sound. My Pro-pipe (on a properly tuned engine) sounds no different than a good 2-2 system.... it's got that potato-potato-potato sound that a Harley is supposed to make. As for me, I think looks and sound come in second and third, respectively. IMHO, what good is a good looking, good sounding exhaust if it doesn't work worth a crap? I'd leave those types of exhausts to the show bikes that aren't meant to be ridden daily. I don't really care if someone else doesn't like the looks of my bike... it MY bike, not theirs. :D I'm not into "profiling", I'd prefer to be riding. :D Whatever makes you happy.... :whatever: :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts