V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a S&S 107 the dealer just installed Samson Rip Saws, not sure with or without baffles. The engine is new and only has 250 miles. The bike came with a Kerker 2 to 1. Dealer was suppose to adjust the fuel mixture of change jets as needed.

I'm experiencing quit a bit of cackle on de-acceleration. I it very apparant when shifting between 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. When shifting into 4th, 5th or 6th there is very little cackle.

Question 1 -- I don't think it sounds bad I'm just wondering if this is common?

What is bothering me is that when running a content spped of about 20 - 25 mph through the neighborhood I hear some poping that is not consistent with the rpms.

I have changed plugs with not difference. The old plugs looked like they were burning fine.

Question 2 -- What the hell is that popping? This is driving me nuts.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Common.
With a properly tuned carb you can get the POP POP POP. One reason is from higher rpm's when you shut down the throttle the engine has to pull alot of air , & the carb butterfly is close. This causes alot of gas to be sucked in through the low speed circit. The mix is so rich not all of the fuel gets burnt. Out the exhaust is goes to mix with fresh air , and now its hot & has O2 so pop pop pop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts