V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K .....This was really all my fault ,and could have been prevented ! Because I should have not been wearing shorts, while riding... but I wasn't and this burn almost killed me,, after getting this burn last summer on my calf... I was going swimming in the creek that runs thru our land... within a week I became gravely il... (High temps..105) vomiting. the chills, I couldn't stand up,or eat, I was having chest pains... it was like the flu... and I was really sick, my doctor. not being sure what was going on , put me on anti biotics.. 3 different times, in a 6 week period, after getting off them ,I would get very sick within a day or 2.. ( blood cultures were not showing any infection, the antibiotic were suppressing the infection... Finally on my birthday I collasped, and was taking to the hospital, where I remained for 1 week, blood tests revealed a bacterial infection in my system, and the infection went to my heart valves, (I had Endocarditis) when released from the hospital I had a tube coming out of my chest, a direct line for the meds, I had a home nurse for the 1st 2 weeks, and for 6 weeks I had to hook up and have a bag of medicine put in that tube. all told I was sick for 4.5 months at a tune of $47,500... worth of medical care.. my drs tell me I was VERY,VERY lucky, I have no long term problems with my heart, I'm good to go, no heart damage at all... which they contribut to the 3 rounds of anti-biotics my primary dr gave me.. while not enough to kill the infection... it was enough to prevent heart damage! So the moral of the story is don't swim with any type of open wounds!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.. Thank God for insurance.. The month before all this happened I almost cancelled it cause I have to buy it on my own.. one test cost $6500

·
Registered
688 Posts
Glad to hear you're up and about now. I thought it was only a problem drinking the water south of the border. Now I have to be paranoid about swimming ----- and in the good ol' U.S.A.. I realize you went through a hell of a time, I'm not trying to make small of it. I hear humor is the best medicine.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Rusty knight .... Yep I like those pain killers... they give for surgery...... make ya feel a little funny!!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
:eek: OMG! :eek:

Your Boobs! :eek: Are your Boobs OK?? :confused:

FilmAt 11 ??? Pleeeesssssse?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes the moral of the story is................ NOOOOOO Shorts! And yes my boobs are O. K... Actually... They got BIGGER... Cause I pumped air into that tube in my chest !! Give ya guys something to think about....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts