V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulling out of the bar Friday night at about 15MPH and cluthed it, spun about 30 yards and let off and heard the exhaust giving a dull backfire, stopped checked it out and the samson street sweepers broke slap into on the front cylinder about 3 inches from where they go into the head. Wonder if samson will cover them under warranty. Anybody ever had this problem??

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
i have had that problem, but i fixed ir with a stickier tire and learning to feather the clutch.

she hooks up now and doesnt spin.

·
Banned
17,238 Posts
samson customer service

I had Caliber 2>1 and front header broke about 4 in from the port. Samson replaced them for free. 2nd set broke last week about 1 in from the port.
I wanted to try the dual full length Calibers but they are backordered from whoever makes them (Korea?). They cost more than the 2>1 but Samson wanted to keep me happy. So I got the Big Guns-3. 3/4 length, double walled, steped, internal baffle, seamless chrome. They look good, manufacturing quality is good, sound OK to a bystander but for me, the rider, they are too loud, I think because they are shorter than the 2>1. Seat of my pants tell me that my torque curve has been shifted to the right about 500 rpm. My indy tells me that their customer service was almost non-existant a few years ago but now they are the best.

If I get after market baffles, made by Samson, and put them into the Big Guns, will it make them quieter and how will it affect the performance?
The baffles look pretty free-flowing.

Fred

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
bigoscycles said:
Pulling out of the bar Friday night at about 15MPH and cluthed it, spun about 30 yards and let off and heard the exhaust giving a dull backfire, stopped checked it out and the samson street sweepers broke slap into on the front cylinder about 3 inches from where they go into the head. Wonder if samson will cover them under warranty. Anybody ever had this problem??
Sounds like it is time to change the oil.:roflback: :roflback: :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fred1369 said:
I had Caliber 2>1 and front header broke about 4 in from the port. Samson replaced them for free. 2nd set broke last week about 1 in from the port.
I wanted to try the dual full length Calibers but they are backordered from whoever makes them (Korea?). They cost more than the 2>1 but Samson wanted to keep me happy. So I got the Big Guns-3. 3/4 length, double walled, steped, internal baffle, seamless chrome. They look good, manufacturing quality is good, sound OK to a bystander but for me, the rider, they are too loud, I think because they are shorter than the 2>1. Seat of my pants tell me that my torque curve has been shifted to the right about 500 rpm. My indy tells me that their customer service was almost non-existant a few years ago but now they are the best.

If I get after market baffles, made by Samson, and put them into the Big Guns, will it make them quieter and how will it affect the performance?
The baffles look pretty free-flowing.

Fred
Were they hard to deal with or did they send you new ones no problem??

·
Banned
17,238 Posts
samson service

my indy dealt with them and had no problems at all. Damn, I really liked the Caliber 2>1. My indy says that I'm not the only one with a Dyna to have pipe problems. Another of their customers is on his 3rd set of V&H.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
had a set of street sweepers split on my buddies bike. We were coming back from D.C. last year doing about 75 on tpk and started to sound really weird. Stopped,looked and saw big ole split. Don't know how samson would have handled it because i put a set of Cobras on for him.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Fred1369 said:
My indy tells me that their customer service was almost non-existant a few years ago but now they are the best.

Fred
Sampson customer service is still non-existent for me. I've sent 2 emails asking a simple question about the correct baffle (caliber 2-1) to use with my build and have heard nothing back.

Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts