V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This will be real short I'm doing a 95 kit with SS 570 cams and someother goodies. What I would like to know is which pipe would any of you recommend. The bike in mention is a 2004 Ultra with a six speed. Thanks for your help.
Mr. Warmth

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I like both, I run V&H duals with Bassani slip-ons. I am very happy with them. A buddy of mine runs Bassani duals with V&H slip-ons, Which don't sound as good. He agree's with me on this. Rineharts sound great and perform well with the right tuner. The only problem is they crack if not mounted perfect.
I would also look at the Hard Chrome T-Rex duals for dressers. I don't know if you want a dyno monster if you do you might want to look at 2 into 1 pipes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got Rineharts on my Street Glide and I like them. They sound great with the quiet baffles, you get a very deep note that levels off at highway speeds. They have had some design flaws with regard to the left side mounting hardware which have been resolved. INMO no one matches their customer service.

·
Registered
79 Posts
GO FOR THE BASSANI's

I just did the actual switch from reinhardt...to bassani megaphone slip ons...its a big difference as far as im concerned...bassani sounds WAY better*..then try the bassani true duels which are equal length headers...and youll sound like a wild animal!ps..the bassanis are bigger diameter I think*

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
My engine guru recomended the Reinharts on my upcoming build to make the best power.He also said the cracking trouble has been resolved with a new mounting bracket so it's no longer an issue.
I'm getting a similar build done on mine.
I have 104,000 miles on my 2000 FLHTC with 64,000 on a set of flattop SE 95" jugs.
Still runs great but I want to freshen it up and add some ponys.
I'm having the 95" jugs bored .010 over with SE 10.25 pistons,S&S 570 G cams , Baisley heads and Dyna ignition.
I just bought a set of the Reinharts true duals and already have a Mikuni HSR 42 carb and SE aircleaner.
We expect to get 100 to 110 hp & 100 to 110 lbs tq.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts