V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a FLSTCI 2006 (Heritage softail classic) and getting cross-over screaming eagle exhausts and air filter cit installed.

I have been told that I will need a different mapping installed, the whole module, since the 2006 module will not handle the necessary changes needed with the freeer flowing exhaust and filter.

Is that correct? Over than going for the Screaming Eagle Pro Race tuner what other options do I have??

I am really new to all this so do not really understand that much about the EFI stuff.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
by module, do you mean the ecm?f so, run forest run far away from that dealer.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
You just need the Stage 1 remap:beer4u:
No need for a new "module"

Should be around $150.00 for the map or $360.00+ for the race tuner:unsure:

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
I don't have a softail, but I have an '06 Dyna. I don't think the dealer is telling you anything wrong. I think you may have misunderstood him. You don't need a new module, but if you upgrade the exhaust and the AC, you need a re-map (download or SERT) for your current module. Some people are happy with a simple Stage I download, but personally, I think the dealer is right to sell you a SERT (Screamin Eagle Race Tuner). The Stage I download for '06 bikes is lean... it will work if you only change the exhaust or the airbox, but you change both and you need a SERT to get it running right. If you look at the small print for the '06 download it is only recommended with the AC. On my Dyna, right now I tried to go cheap and save money - I bought the SEII slipons and SE/AC and the stage I download... I'm not happy and I'll be buying a SERT next month.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
JamieWG said:
I'm not happy and I'll be buying a SERT next month.

Are we ever? :huh:

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
JamieWG said:
I dunno man.. sometimes it seems like the road never ends.

But it Is fun !:cheers:

What else would we do??:hystria:

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
deuce04 said:
But it Is fun !:cheers:

What else would we do??:hystria:
Heh.. sit around and be bored. I have a list now - first a sert, then I'm buying jug huggers, then chrome sliders, then.. then.. then.. hah, I do it all myself too, so I get to experience all the aggravation that goes along with cheap beer, cheap tools and an unheated garage. :cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
great guys....was curious cause been asking dealers and so forth about it and all. And each time I got a slightly diff answer lol

Oh well we will see...kind of thinking to go and get a SERT or such, so that I really get a good set up going.

Anything good out there other than the Screaming Eagle one? Was quoted a $600 (including tax) price at a dealer the other day when I was asking some questions.

Another dealer mentioned Cobra or the new V&H .....

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JamieWG said:
Heh.. sit around and be bored. I have a list now - first a sert, then I'm buying jug huggers, then chrome sliders, then.. then.. then.. hah, I do it all myself too, so I get to experience all the aggravation that goes along with cheap beer, cheap tools and an unheated garage. :cheers:

Hehe sounds like fun to me....hopefully I will get to that level too one of these days:) but first things first lol.

I'll skip the cheap beer though....will stick with the cheap wiskey

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Now you can order a SERT from Zanottis for about $370. Or Chicago Harley.. if you need links, let me know. The prob is, your dealer might not want to do the work if you don't buy the SERT from them. You could test them - call them up and tell them you got a SERT for Christmas from your brother in LA. Ask them what labor would be to set it up.

If you don't want to spend the $$ on a SERT, you can get a DFO for a couple hundred. Do a search on SERT, DFO, PC III (Power Commander)... and try to learn about the differences. Stay away from the VH fuel pak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet thanks.....yeah heard about the HD Chicago with their sweet deals....lol might be a good idea to test them out (my HD dealer) and see with they will do the work:)

great will have a read around and see what I can learn about the diff ones out there.

thanks

·
Who Really Cares...
38 Posts
Just got my SERT from Zanotti's the other day.

$376 to my door. What a deal...

Out of curiousity, what dealer are you talkin' to?

·
Habitual **************.
234 Posts
mordrapheus said:
HD Nassau County Dealer is where I got the bike and prob will have the work done
Once you have your Sert, download the software and check it out. After 30 minites of reading, you will most likely feel comfortable to do the download yourself. Once your familar with it, its actualy a 5 minite job. If you have questions, there's more hands on knowlege available on this forum than from any dealer to help you through. Whats the dealer charge for an hour of labor? $65-$75? Now divide that by cases of beer for 5 minites actual work? The beer ratio is completly wrong.
RB

·
Who Really Cares...
38 Posts
I was intimidated 2-3 months ago.

Learned a lot here reading.

For an additional ~$150. I will program my own ECM this time and every time to come...

You've got deep pockets dealing with Nassau.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Be very very careful, a friend had to call HD to get them to do warranty work that was covered, but because he didnt pay over MSP and by his bike there, they didnt want to do it. then when they called him back and they were SO Nice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just read the different posts and replies about the SERT and it has been positive. I just picked up an 06' Street Glide and will putting on a Ness Big Sucker and Rhinehart True Dual on the bike. I don't trust my local dealership because I keep geting answers from the service writters. I am new to the EFI thing and will be looking forward to more informative posting on programing and such. Would like to get a SERT onto the bike but but where can get one for under $400. Need some assistance.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts