V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passing my time waiting on my Heritage springer to arrive by looking though catalogs to find the accessories I want to add. It seems almost everything for the softails will fit all softails "except FLSTS". I thought the heritage springer was basically the same bike as a heritage classic with a different front end? Is it not? I would think parts from the steering tube back would fit both a springer & a classic. However, according catalogs things such as seats, backrests, passenger floor boards, etc. are different.

What gives? How do you know which parts fit & which don't?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Well, not knowing exactly what catalogs you're looking at, it's hard to say. But you are right, it's basically the same bike from gas tanks back. What will fit a Heritage Softail in that respect will fit the Heritage Springer. After market catalogs are notorious for being inaccurate in that respect. Get hold of a HD P&A (parts and accessories) book (thick) and kinda use it as a guide. Better yet, if you're getting non HD stuff, find a reputable independent shop and deal with them.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
HD P&A book also has a lot of those " Except for FLSTS".

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I see, "Fits all Softail except FXSTD" all the time. The Deuce's front end, gas tank, seat and rear fender are different then the other Softails. Can be frustrating when shopping ecspecially when you think you've found a good deal and then you see it:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.