V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
335 Posts
Carrie, Why would this topic be closed--it's news most are interested in and certainly fits the general talk forum? Just curious.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
Good to see opened. As long no one takes sides. Either 8 way, people are dead. I don't think was meant to glorify or take sides. Just news.
 

·
I haven't seen your bird.
Joined
·
8,499 Posts
There's another closed thread that may explain its closure. There are times when I'm not sure I understand the guidelines here. I want to be a good citizen of this forum, but sometimes I just puzzle at the "rules."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
I am definatly glad to see this post opened up again. It is a shame to see 8 men killed. Reguardless of what they choose to ride/drive or who they are affiliated with.

I do really enjoy this site, and have learned alot from it, expecially a thread a couple months ago that was about about the 3 patchers. It was extremely informative and no one bashed or flamed, it was all question and answer, and I learned alot from it, as I know alot of other riders did. My question is, why is it that every post about MC's has been locked lately? Did something happen that I missed, or are MC's not a part of motorcycles anymore?
 

·
Infrequent Poster
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
I just hope they don't decide that Lauglin is the place again this year to settle up the score with each other. I would imagine the LEO's out there are gearing up for the worst case now with this recent spate of activity....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,786 Posts
dhortho1 said:
Carrie, Why would this topic be closed--it's news most are interested in and certainly fits the general talk forum? Just curious.
Because wyo said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadmagnet


I'm curious though, why are the moderators of these harley forums so reluctant to allow an open and frank discussion about one percenters? Hey, it's their site, they can rule it the way they wish but it just seems rather tight assed and controlling for an internet site. You'd think the feds were running theses types of forums.

I'll shut up now. Back to lurking mode.


Quote from wyo


Lead

Principally because those who would engage in the discussion do NOT know what they are talking about. Unless you're involved in a 1% club all you need to know is mind your own business and show these men the respect you expect to receive.

Nuff said.




Now from me: I don't think anybody knows about anything they're atlking about on any of these boards! :Dennis
 

·
Infidel
Joined
·
6,331 Posts
My peers have decided this material is on topic and should be allowed.

I, however, stand by my position.

Therefore, I will not intercede in these types of threads.

regards,

wyo
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,149 Posts
The announcement of the event should simply be reported as a news item and then locked.

How can you not take sides?

Either you are for the action or condemn it. Anything else is idle gossip.

Mods, please do the right thing and lock the thread.
 

·
5 for fighting!
Joined
·
266 Posts
Just 3 weeks ago a Hells Angel in Ct. was shot dead in a road rage incident and 2 weeks ago a biker (enthusiast) was intentionally run off the road in South Boston,Ma. by a Fed agent expressing himself. This guy is in a medically induced coma. I know it's off topic.
 

·
You're an evildoer.
Joined
·
559 Posts
Whoa just a god damn minute, a fed agent ran someone off the road? How did I miss this? I hope they are suspended pending a trial and charges.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
lrodptl said:
2 weeks ago a biker (enthusiast) was intentionally run off the road in South Boston,Ma. by a Fed agent expressing himself. This guy is in a medically induced coma. I know it's off topic.
I just did a quick search of The Boston Globe & The Boston Herald. I couldn't find anything in their archives.

What's your source?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
Anything else is idle gossip.

This isn't a library. People don't come here to just read.
 

·
Fuk ya'll, I'm from TEXAS
Joined
·
2,227 Posts
MadCity said:
There's another closed thread that may explain its closure. There are times when I'm not sure I understand the guidelines here. I want to be a good citizen of this forum, but sometimes I just puzzle at the "rules."

no shiet, i am beginning to wonder too!!!!!!!!!!!! lets see we can talk about the Iraq war, guns, child abductions/RAPE, abortion, other mass murders, but this subject is tabu? wtf?
 

·
Fuk ya'll, I'm from TEXAS
Joined
·
2,227 Posts
The Tourist said:
The announcement of the event should simply be reported as a news item and then locked.

How can you not take sides?

Either you are for the action or condemn it. Anything else is idle gossip.

Mods, please do the right thing and lock the thread.
DAMN I had to reread this several times..... sooooo either we are "for" mass murder or "against" it ?????????????????? again WTF ?????
 

·
Hellbound Train
Joined
·
5,595 Posts
Every other topic, even Tech is rampant with gossip. This is just another topic and is subject to the same forum rules.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
So as long as I do not accuse anyone of murder, I am ok? (atleast in this respect)
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top