V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 1999 Fatboy with the 80" EVO. I added Screamin' Eagle Heads, Andrews EV-27 Camshaft, Screamin' Eagle Module, Coil & Plugs.

I want to go BIGGER! BUT, I don't want to have to do anything to the lower end and I would love to keep the cost down.

What complete kits are out there that will work with what I already have? How big can I go? I'd like to move up to 88" or 95". Obviously, I'll need new jugs, right? Fill me in on the specifics. A lot of the manufacturer websites lack info.

Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
96 inches would be sweet but you have to split the cases to machine the crankcase spigots for the bigger cylinders. You won't have to mess with the crank but it would be a good time to at least check the flywheels true and correct now for less wear and smother running.
So you won't change the balance,try and find/use light weight pistons so you can get as close to the stock weight as the originals.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Upgrade

As already mentioned, a 96" upgrade would be a real good kick in the pants.
Super broad torque, and still the ability to run a good hp number. Very reliable.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I know your question is what you need to do to go bigger, but you can build a reliable 100hp or near that 80" motor and still maintain your stock bottom end.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
We sold some parts to a guy who just went over 100 torque and broke his cases on a 1998. We recommend our quick revving stage 4 kit for these engines so as not to over stress those cases (90 torque and hp @ 80").

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
If you want an evo that is real big, buy an aftermarket S&S. These have cases that will take the abuse and are built for speed. There are limits to stock cases that shouldn't be done.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Engine combo.

If cases are in the budget, you could build a real powerhouse then.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
This is an 80" combo that Doc helped me with a couple of years ago. It's in a 1996 Ultra-Classic with close to 25,000 miles on it now. I put a Carlini torque arm on it before I ever jumped on it hard, but I've not done one thing to it since I put it together. I'll probably put new lifters in it this Winter just to be safe since it has a Wood 6H in it. I'm certainly not qualified to comment on the cases like these other gentleman are, but I run the sh#t out of it touring, and will "play" any time someone wants to.:thumbsup: This is a 5th gear run with 3.37 gearing.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts