V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am helping a woman I know change her fluids in an evo softail for a trip to Street Vibrations in Reno. She has no manuals service or owners. I am not sure of where one would drain the engine oil. Found the other two.

Also need capacities for all three locations.

Did a search but mostly Twin cam info.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Troll

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
look behind tranny on right side. you should see a black hose with a plug in the end. usually found really close to the swingarm pivot.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Mine takes 3 quarts of engine oil (figuring you're changing the filter also). Takes one quart of primary and I honestly can't remember the tranny but it seems like "not much" -- just have to pour a little and keep checking
-- if the stupid little torx looking plug for the primary even acts like it's going to strip out (where the wrench goes in, not in the primary case) - or the tranny plug for that matter... I got a hand suction pump at an auto parts store, used to suck oil out of rear differentials, and I just suck the oil out of the tranny and primary rather than be scared to death that I'm going to wreck those idiot pipe thread plugs in the cases.
Dumb, maybe, but it's worked for me since 1992.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts