V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Im interested in putting an EVO in my TC FXD. I have had litle success finding out if this is doable. I looked at and EVO and TC Eglide and noticed that the front engine mount seems to be similar (or the same), as well as the back of the transmission mounting location. It also appeared that neither powertrains locate to the frame at the trans/engine interface.

Can anyone provide more info on this project? Is it doable without cutting/welding?

Thanks...
(I know most think Im crazy for wanting to get an EVO in place of a TC, but I like the looks/sound of the EVO)

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
rpajewsk said:
Well, Im interested in putting an EVO in my TC FXD. I have had litle success finding out if this is doable. I looked at and EVO and TC Eglide and noticed that the front engine mount seems to be similar (or the same), as well as the back of the transmission mounting location. It also appeared that neither powertrains locate to the frame at the trans/engine interface.

Can anyone provide more info on this project? Is it doable without cutting/welding?

Thanks...
(I know most think Im crazy for wanting to get an EVO in place of a TC, but I like the looks/sound of the EVO)

You'd need a pre-TC transmission, too. My only question would be why? Your resale value would be rather low.

·
Administrator
11,242 Posts
newultraclassic said:
You'd need a pre-TC transmission, too. My only question would be why? Your resale value would be rather low.
I agree. If you want an EVO just go buy one. There are several reasons it could be difficult to do but nothing that ons of money can't solve. And when your done sinking all kinds of money into the conversion, it will be worth half of what you spent.

My -2$en#e-

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it seems that the resale of my bike is already rather low (I listed it more than once - for 12.5K and probably 17K in it), so I figured that if Im stuck with it, I might as well make it exactly as I want it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
rpajewsk said:
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it seems that the resale of my bike is already rather low (I listed it more than once - for 12.5K and probably 17K in it), so I figured that if Im stuck with it, I might as well make it exactly as I want it.
Harley's used with lots of extras seem to sell for what a stripped stock used bike does. What most people do is put the bike back to stock the best they can. Then they sell the extras seperatley on ebay. You would be surprised how much used parts bring off the bike compared to on it. You just might get close to the figure you want.
As for the EVO compared to the TC, the look very similar. The heads are the biggest difference. Hardly worth the expense of swapping in an entire engine. IMO just sell the bike cut your losses and buy what you want.

BTW what do you have and what's on it?
Tim

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cs1 said:
Harley's used with lots of extras seem to sell for what a stripped stock used bike does. What most people do is put the bike back to stock the best they can. Then they sell the extras seperatley on ebay. You would be surprised how much used parts bring off the bike compared to on it. You just might get close to the figure you want.
As for the EVO compared to the TC, the look very similar. The heads are the biggest difference. Hardly worth the expense of swapping in an entire engine. IMO just sell the bike cut your losses and buy what you want.

BTW what do you have and what's on it?
Tim

I agree but most of the money in the bike (FXD) is engine mods - ported SE Heads, 570 gear drive, 95", roller rockers, etc. Im too lazy to pull this stuff out (thus far). I hoped someone would be interested in the bike with the build as it is. Bike has 9500 miles (3K on build), driven very lightly, even tires still have lots of tread (original).

I also have forward controls, sundowner seat (1k on it), tach, sissybar, SEII slip-ons, cant think of what else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts