V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've got a '91-up Evo style S&S, and the 4-speed and primary drive parts from an '81 superglide. Don't have the primary cases though. Do any of you know if it's possible to make this combo work? I'm mainly concerned about the engine/tranny. It's all going into a rigid frame, and mods to the frame I can do. I just need some info on what primary set-up I can use. ??

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
If the frame is setup for 4 speed tranny mount then it should be no problem at all. All you need is a 4 speed primary off the same vintage as the tranny. You can also use 3" open belt drive. If you like to put power down to the road you might a reliablity problem with that tranny. If the frame is set up for a 5 speed tranny I would suggest selling the 4 speed and purchasing a 5 speed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, Springer. The reason I was wondering about the 4-speed is because I've already got it. The engine, as far as I know, is a stock 80 inch build. I'm gonna tear the top end down, just to check out the internals, because I bought it secondhand, sitting in the rigid frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts